AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

it will be ambiguous and hard to determine unequivocally as sample slot can be changed by sequencer/lfo/performance/CVinput/…
But it is great feature. I described one possible implementation, which I think is simple and powerful a few posts above

1 Like

Please implement assignable “keyboard tracking” so that the resonant filter can be played chromatically with the pads.

3 Likes

When switching between performances to control with the QPER, I don’t see a reason why every performance should reset to zero everytime.

It would be nice to be able to do the following:

1. Press QPER > Choose track 1. Then move knob from 0 to 100
  2. Disable QPER > Move knob to 0.
  3. Press QPER > Choose track 2. Then move knob from 0 to 100
  4. Press QPER > Choose track 1 again. Then move knob from 100.

What happens in step 4 is that it will reset to 0 on selection and then jump to 100 when I start moving the knob. Not very nice.

Also a way to preview a Performance in 100 would be nice without having to hold full pressure on it while editing.

3 Likes

Probably already mentioned, but can we please have distinct pad coloring for mute and perform mode? Would help a lot to quickly see what mode you’re in, I think.

2 Likes

When having activated a scene or a performance, the scene and/or performance page button is dimly lit in red when not on it. However, can’t we have a brighter color here to make it more clear? Compare with the transpose button on the A4, which now lights up in a bright turquoise when activated. You can’t miss that.

In a similar vein, I really think that there should be larger differences in pad colors between activated and deactivated scenes. I can barely tell the different shades of blue apart as it is now.

5 Likes

Back Up Everything to Computer with one Button.
Reload from Computer but with options like load only KITs, or only Patterns, Songs… a Project. Or all again with one button from computer to AR.

13 Likes

I don’t know if this is limited by the hardware somehow, but it would be great to be able to lock more than 48 parameters to scenes. It seems very limiting since in my current kit I have run out of parameters by scene 3.

all i want for christmas is another lfo page.

7 Likes

I know it has been said a few times, but I’ll add one for the record…

Pattern mutes

3 Likes

I have wanted Pattern mutes since I bought the AR. Hope we’ll will see it soon.

1 Like

This (adjustable slopes for the envelopes, as on the A4). Or even just a steep exponential slope option for the amplitude envelope.

I haven’t tried to check on an oscilloscope what kind of slopes the amp envelopes have, but the decay sounds almost linear to me, which sucks for percussive sound design. The fact that we have to use a track’s one LFO as a one-shot exponential decay envelope to modulate amplitude or overdrive, in order to get snappier sounds out of the Rytm, has always been a significant letdown to me.

More exponential decays on the amp envelope would also make a huge difference when you’re using samples. Open high hats don’t quite sound right as closed high hats when you turn down the amp decay, but if you run the same open high hat through a VCA with a steep exponential envelope closing the VCA, you can reshape it into a closed high hat pretty convincingly.

11 Likes

Slots mode to have samples layed out over a midi keyboard
like the Octatracks new trig mode, it works so excellent with drums on the OT,
Would be great for the Rytm & digitakt…

the digitone and analog four already have multimap mode

3 Likes

When sound locking a certain machine, the sound pool should only show you sounds that are compatible with that particular machine.

seems like a pretty easy thing to adjust in software. unless Im overlooking something, is there any particular advantage to having a bunch of sounds one cannot load onto a track being shown anyway?

4 Likes

Independent length on accent tracks!

Accent track to actually influence velocity (as it says in the manual) rather than just volume. IE you could route LFO to accent level and have it apply the 4 parameters mapped to velocity modulation :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Previewing a trig should play the RTRG settings of that trig IMO, otherwise it’s not previewing how that trig is going to sound is it?

5 Likes

It would be nice if we could set which midi note values trigger chromatic notes. Right now, as I understand it, midi notes 12-59 (C1-B4) trigger the chromatic range? The keyboard I use to control everything (Nord electro 2) only sends 29-101. If I could set the range to 29-66, I could control an extra octave!

Maybe this could be a “Midi note offset” option at Global -> Midi config ?

1 Like

Are you sure the Nord doesn’t cover the entire range of possible midi notes? What happens if you shift the keyboard range by hitting the Octave Down button reach to the lowest notes?

If I hit one note repeatedly and press the octave shift buttons, the AR keeps playing the same note. I guess that means octave shift on the Electro 2 affects note data sent to the internal instruments but not note data sent out by MIDI. In any case, the MIDI implementation chart seems to say it doesn’t send any note data lower than 29.

1 Like

Ah that’s annoying. I can see why you’re having problems making it work with Rytm, then :frowning: