AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

A mix page really surprised doesn’t already doesn’t have one!

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. Then Elektron please give us a single vco machine on the tom tracks please!

1 Like

Better visual feedback for fx, compressor, waveform, etc.
Makes no sense to have a 2019 flagship without this, especially since digitakt has all this

2 Likes

I’m hoping it gets a big update so it gets the newer graphics
and scale per track digi style Global/pattern mutes.
But can deal if doesn’t happen because can’t be done can only hope

I can’t remember if I already said this, but how about a sound pack of some really good acoustic drum kits that AREN’T manipulated/bit reduced/lo-fi?

I was editing in Song Mode on my AR2 last night. Would be cool if the screen would automatically scroll down as you’re playing. I was writing/editing as I was playing guitar and it would be nice to see what step/pattern you’re on as you go instead of having to manually reach over and use buttons to toggle down. Not a big deal, but would be a cool feature for those who have their hands full with other instruments.

1 Like

I put in an official feature request for a second LFO per track. The inhumanity must end.

10 Likes

Extra lfo would be nice. I would settle for free assignable lfo’s as seen in the MD :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

One can always get an OT, set up the midi cc to control the desired parameter on the AR and have it modulated with an OT LFO.
Inhumanity ended :wink:

1 Like

Yes but they’re not as fast. Plus I don’t want to have to spend 1.3k for a couple of digital bits (ok I have an OT…beside the point).

If this is supposed to be a modern drum machine it needs to snap without having snap fall under “sound design”

Btw the official request line: feature-request@elektron.se

1 Like

I doubt anyone here (or at Elektron) would object to there being extra LFOs in principle, but my recollection is that :3lektron: have said that the AR CPU is getting a good workout already - just sayin’ - you don’t want a drum machine getting hiccups now do ya !

1 Like

I recall.

But I have faith that those absolute star coders at our beloved brand can optimize the code just enough to allow some exponential manna from heaven.

(A little flattery never hurt anybody.)

EDIT: I mean who even realizes these days there’s a second set of FX. Amiright? :wink:

I think there is a lack of DSP on a RYTM, not overall CPU, so it is impossible to add digital effects (second reverb or complex echo), timestrching or complex digital drum synth.
Adding just one LFO is not expensive for CPU time. Just calculating some thing like sin(time * k), it is not complex)))

p locking CTR ALL on MD is great. (and you can basically do the below sending into rytm)

could the RYTM 12 perf page pads have their own sequencer tracks?
create trig, assign pad pressure, slides possible. (or record live fingers)
cons:

• no access to tracks pattern if in perf mode
  • can already do this with midi.
  • elektron most likely considered this and there’s a reason it’s not implemented.

pros:

• would add a new layer of programmable modulation in box.
  • reduce wear on pads (tbh my mk1s seem to have only got more familiar and responsive over the years)
2 Likes

Some sort of way to reduce the encoders sensitivity please. it’s almost impossible to make fine adjustment now :frowning:

3 Likes

Does anyone really expect another OS? It seems like it’s feature complete as far as they are concerned.

I think at the very least bug fixes for advanced pattern / CHNG pattern changing and other things like missing LFOs.

Wrong. Another OS with at least scale per track and amp envelope reset is required to call Rytm feature complete.
CHNG fix is necessary.
Compressor bar indicator would be appreciated.
More fantasy than reality:
-2nd LFO
-sample waveform editor

3 Likes

Really hope they haven’t given up on the analog series.
Want to be able to have the flexibility of scale per track on the A4 and AR
We can only hope!

4 Likes

I’m looking for small improvements to “File Management”

Would love ‘folder’ of BD or folder of HH etc.

How do people do file management today - anyone have good best practice?