AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Second (or assignable to other tracks) LFO would really open up the modulation and sonic potential.

Most of all would really, really, really like to see an alternative to the 120 steps for sample start/end points. Possibly a global option to enter free edit and use the sample page start/end encoders to move through all the sample points. Or a second tap on sample button to enter a second/advanced page for this purpose (independent loop start/end). Waveform view not essential, but nice if the one used for sampling page could be repurposed.

Finally, per track scaling. Obviously!

5 Likes

A big one for me would be to be able to mute tracks using the trigs when in scene / perf mode as you can on the Analog Four. I’d really like to avoid jumping between perf and mute pad modes.

A second request would be for the Accent feature to be bi-polar so accent trigs can be used to quickly add ghost notes. Personally, this seems more suitable for a drum machine (this may have been requested already).

7 Likes

yeah really cool feat req! feature-request@elektron.se

4 Likes

QoL feature request: if we can use the Rytm PADs or Trigs like this numpad to rename samples/projects other stuff. It would be great.

5 Likes

Respond to MIDI Program Change THE SAME WAY it responds to manual selecting the next pattern.

I.e. if set to Direct, then change the pattern DIRECTLY THE MOMENT MIDI a Program Change is received.

If I can’t sequence external MIDI, I need my drum machine to respond to Program Changes in a way that doesn’t make me pre-plan everything to work around a non-desirable response to MIDI Program Change.

3 Likes

A feature request hotline!

:smile:

7 Likes

Just hold the bank button, down rather than pressing, to achieve this. You can then take your time changing patterns. And also jump around multiple patterns in direct change mode.

2 Likes

I’d love the option to load in different swing grooves and select those a la groove templates in Ableton. It’d be awesome to go from Elektron Groove > MPC60 Groove > Roland 808 Groove from pattern to pattern or even just at a global setting

2 Likes

Respond to MIDI Program Change THE SAME WAY it responds to manual selecting the next pattern.

I.e. if set to Direct, then change the pattern DIRECTLY THE MOMENT MIDI a Program Change is received.

If I can’t sequence external MIDI, I need my drum machine to respond to Program Changes in a way that doesn’t make me pre-plan everything to work around a non-desirable response to MIDI Program Change.

Good luck with that…This is probably the most requested fix, and there is a long and sad thread about it.
I am selling mine and moving on from this brand because Elektron refuse to sort this out despite knowing exactly how to do it - as they have done it on the Analog 4, and the Octatrtack , and the Machinedrum, 20 years ago… A disgrace.

2 Likes

Instant pattern change is possible with a midi processor.
Receiving a Prog change the processor sends Stop / PChange / play > Direct pattern change.
Not Direct Jump of course.
Direct Jump may be possible with Song mode and Song Pointer Position. Works with OT.

1 Like

Class Compliant Audio :hugs:

3 Likes

Id love eq per tracks like the eq effect on ot

hat was meant to be a comment not a reply sorry

ctrl all.

there isnt a huge amount of memory for performance macros / scenes. Ctrl all would be mint.

Mira :slight_smile:

5 Likes

At very best there could be a master FX EQ, or maybe an EQ for the sample portion of a voice. But it’s an analog drum machine, so you can’t just add an EQ to the circuit of a voice after it has left the factory.

The effects on Rytm are digital no? I doubt there’s a reverb tank or plate hiding in that little box… the reverb and delay have low and high cut so I don’t think it would be a huge stretch to add an eq in the Fx section as an option in an os update?

1 Like

FX are with sends, not inserts, EQ wouldn’t work properly without 100% wet fx…

It seems to be a spring reverb. :content:
Rytm MKII - Is yours emitting ringing noise on hits?

4 Likes

I would request something that might sound stupid, and that i doubt it would ever happen, but i’ll go ahead and say so because i want to get it over…
Been working with AR and AR Mkii for years now, like many here, and though i love it’s flexibility, i have to say i find the sweetspot for most of it’s synthesis engines to be very narrow. That’s not a bad thing, but i think a long part of it’s tweaking range is useless to me. I would love a narrower version of controls, where you could have more definition given the smaller range, that might also give Elektron the chance to work a bit further on the synthesis engines.
Also the hihats, i don’t know, but all hats seem to have a resonance bump at around 5-7k that makes them hard to sit well in the mix, many times i end up loading 808 samples instead, or others.
I know there has been a discussion between the sound of MKI and II regarding hats, but i recall the same “issue” in MKI.
It would be great to see further tweaks on the hihat engine.

1 Like

Requesting a Max patch that generates IDM drum patterns on the RYTM.

1 Like

P.shift&t.stretch.
Transposing.

1 Like