Aphex Twin recommendations?

Coooooool

New to Aphex can you guys recommend some essential tracks?

2 Likes

some? :thinking:
tons

4 Likes

Start from the first album and move forward. Not even kidding.

17 Likes
4 Likes

I tried writing about some good albums to start with but yeah, as others have said, just go from the beginning. The Deep Cuts video is a great guide though.

1 Like

Once you’ve covered all the aphex stuff, go look for all his AFX stuff (hangable auto bulb a highlight) then The Tuss (Rushup edge is amazing), then Caustic Window, then Polygon Window. The guy has released stuff under a lot of aliases.

Then there’s the analord series.

And the user18081971 stuff off of SoundCloud…

And the Mike and Rich album he did with U-ziq.

Seriously, there’s shitloads

4 Likes

I’ve found that, after Aphex, there’s a point where an artist ceases to be good and is then suspected to be Aphex Twin.

There are a few elektronauts that are probably secretly Aphex Twin

6 Likes

I wish I was :cool:

Nice try, Richard James

9 Likes

you got me :wink: Now I can reveal that I made the whole Collapse EP with a pocket operator and a volca keys

6 Likes

Breaking News: Volcas and Pocket Operator prices have been increased in price by 3000%

2 Likes

As for recommendations, here are my three most steadfast Aphex tracks that come to mind

Flow Coma Remix:

FingerBib:

Windowlicker:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Bbdyhonchord

1 Like

Alberto Balsalm, Xtal, Pulsewidth, Ageispolis, 4, flim, Iz Us, Pancake Lizard, Cliffs…I could go on forever. Just dive in on YouTube. Check out Uziq, Jega, EOD, Bochum Welt for similar styles.

And once you’re done with all that you can work your way through the rephlex records back catalogue.

3 Likes

https://aphextwin.warp.net all of it

2 Likes

ANALORD set.

Caustic Window LP

aphex “user18081971” - soundcloud dump
1 Like

throatie is essential

yeah these two are a really good starting point. SOSW is an amazing album.