Aphex Twin recommendations?

Syro was the album that made me love AFX.
Before that, I’d never understood his sound.
Of course now all the albums are regularly on my turntable (for those I could get my hands on), and I gathered more or less all he’s done.
Can’t say I know every track by :heart: yet, but Syro still occupies a peculiar place in my :heart:

I do believe it’s a very good album to discover Aphex Twin. The sound is really polished and coherent. A beautiful album totally underrated by long term AFX fans, IMO.

6 Likes

Oh memories

“Go on give us a snare rush”
I seen him play a set in 1997 at the Big Day Out in Sydney Australia.
He layed on the stage floor while 2 giant fluorescent teadybears with his grinning face “stuck on” punched the crap out of each other on and off stage. It was nothing short of scary. There should be more out of the box terror in music performance these day. God i sound old

Fan 4 life…!

Some of the best music film clips evermade where for his work…by Chris Cunningham…take a look and listen to rubber johnny and sleep well tonight.

2 Likes

5 Likes

And twice as much unreleased on his hard drives.
Genius maybe. But crazy prolific, hundred percent.

and since we are in a recommendations thread, I guess someone has to say it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

that‘s a nice track selection. very melodic indeed

Nice, cheers. Great mix. Can’t say I’m a massive fan of most of his acid like work to be honest, but only a matter of personal preference obviously. His stuff leaning more towards melodic ambientish is great though!

4 is probably one of my favorite tracks of all time though. Whenever I’m on a bus or a train or a plane to somewhere new, I have to put it on. So much hope and promise in that track.

5 Likes

I’m surprised this gem is not here:

2 Likes

Discovered this monster the other day:

Some other gems not already mentioned:

2 Likes

The scene from 4mins to 4.40 . I defy anyone not to laugh out loud at this. Made my day!

2 Likes

Didn’t see this mentioned, but I might’ve missed it

2 Likes
2 Likes

An oldie but a goodie, I think this track served as a blueprint of sorts to the Analord stuff.

Personally my favourite RDJ stuff is the analogue stuff, SOSW, Syro, Analord etc, and SAW etc, I’m not too into the glitchy stuff personally.

5 Likes

So much good shit here.

Stuff that’s in there, example:

…SO good. Dig around it’s worth it. Huge dump of stuff he gave up for free.

2 Likes

Sick

3 Likes

Ssnb.

This song is my cheat code for serenity: