Anyone want an OT 2 with an internal SSD drive, OLED screen?

You’re not talking scene automation, right? cause that you can do. you want the motion of the crossfader?

Yes, I know we can program what scenes to be selected on slots A and B in the arrangement,

but I want to automate parameter movements, yes.

Easy to control the crossfader and scenes, even from Ot with a IN / OUT midi cable.
With Live, instead of Arranger, why don’t you use Program Changes ? (i.e 2 steps before pattern change)

You can also record OT knobs movements and modify them.

you mean, with ableton live? that would be great news! (new for me ah ah)

I don’t know, I didn’t try anything so far, never connected the OT to Ableton.

I’m just in the beginning of a track-production phase, got 2h00 of live set material in my OT and just beginning to search the best way to produce proper tracks from it :slight_smile:

Yes of course you can send and receive Control Changes for all audio page knobs :
Project > Midi > Control > AUDIO CC OUT = INT + EXT

1 Like

nice to read you.

Gotta re-plug my computer ON then, and do some trials, got some spare time this weekend so let’s go!

I read somewhere MUTES are also midi-controllable… If I can automate any OT parameter from ableton, well that’s huge :smile:

thanks again, no need for an OT2 ah ah!!

no need for a new OT imho. Its great the way it is. Although it would still need at least the following two features - the latter one being asked for since its birth i guess:

• OT needs trig conditions
  • OT’s Scenes must be programmable with MIDI-CCs

those are crucial and necessary updates; but they dont justify a new machine. So no, no DAW like OLED super polished and therefore - not so Elektron - machine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought the OT is allready programmed to the max. Someone from the :3lektron: -crew talked about it ages ago!

You can do a lot of things with plocks, random Lfos, midi Lfos controling audio tracks, to have a kind of Conditionnal Trigs.

Ot Scenes CAN BE midi controlled with midi Cc. Tried successfully. If you really mean program it via midi I don’t get the point…

I think all specific arranger’s parameters can be midi controlled.

This is very unfortunate, as in, some the remaining bugs will never be resolved.

The only way for the OT to move forward IMO is a new OS built from scratch that has the experiences of the past X years behind it. But with the codebase being propietary I very much doubt this will ever happen.

1 Like

[quote=“tsutek, post:54, topic:33389”]
a new OS built from scratch[/quote]
:joy: With new bugs ? :sob:
Without big changes, other fonction could be controlled by midi CCs (51 CCs free in implementation chart) Parts change for ex, other Page Setup Settings…
Autosave samples.

Hit me up if you need any assitance mon ami :wink:

2 Likes

new bugs would of course be inevitable. But you coul always keep the current OS if that would be a problem.

As things are now, bugs or no, there is no room for fixing nor changing anything. So a total rewrite of the OS, with new bugs and all, would be the only way forward.

Simon recently said on another thread that OT would likely get no new features, but it is still supported for bug fixes.

1 Like

Do SSD’s have a limited lifespan based on read/write operations? (I don’t have SSD’s / Never looked into them)

Compact Flash, SD cards, and SSD’s all share the same underlying technology. There might be some process differences which account for longer/shorter lifespans and the speed of the card / drive in question. Basically the CF card in an Octatrack now is a simpler version of a modern SSD. But the SSD has wear leveling and a massive amount of spare cells to reassign any bad or failing cells. So all things considered an SSD should be a big improvement is speed and reliability to a CF card.

1 Like

What about AR / A4 +Drive ? Same technology ?

[quote=“sezare56, post:55, topic:33389”]
Without big changes, other fonction could be controlled by midi CCs (51 CCs free in implementation chart) Parts change for ex[/quote]

I wish. Then you could actually sync them up correctly…

you got it wrong. I dont mean: controlling the scenes via Midi … i mean programming Midi-CC values into the Scenes - as i wrote it, more or less :wink: Add MIDI-CCs to the Midi-tracks to control your external gear and now try to P-Lock their values to a Scene - which would be an essential feature tbh. This - is not possible and makes the Scenes useless for MIDI.

2 Likes