Anyone using modular effects with their Elektrons?

deleted post. thanks @Nznoonee

1 Like

Sorry, done. Iā€™m thinking in russian and my grammar usually allows this, lol

2 Likes

I certainly plan to. I will eventually pick up a Bubblesound Booster and get my OT and/or AR in there. Iā€™m thinking MIDI into modular and fedback to Elektrons to get pitch/gate/cc synch. Good times.

Yeah modular is becoming more and more stereolized, for better or worse. Some nice crossfader modules out there.

Edited: Didnā€™t see you asked for examples. I use Beads exclusively for FX (and sound source) and it is an absolute triumph. Just so incredibly full of wonder. And it sounds great. As @Lauli pointed out, get some wild envelopes and lfos and randoms and switches going and itā€™s never-ending. Imagine a handful of arms all entangled controlling a pedal board.

Interested as well. Already have enough sound sources but fx (and modulation for my semi-modulars) would be of interest.

I guess as always with modular, in addition to main effects youā€™re looking at, you also would want to consider modulation sources. LFOs, envelopes followers/generators, MIDI interfaces, maybe some CV coming from the Analog 4 or whatever.
The modular is not gonna be much different from the guitar pedals if the modules are not moving/dancing along to the music.

3 Likes

I do exactly this, because modular offers some unique effects. Right now iā€™m looking at getting one of the 4ms delay modules, or maybe even a rainmaker.

1 Like

Yes indeed. I have a Circuit Mono Station with clock, CV, gate and aux CV outs that would make a good bridge with the MIDI realm, I think.

Iā€™m really enjoying the Ikarie at the moment, as well as Beads. Hereā€™s an example of me running the Ikarie as a second filter in stereo, on the bass sound (WIP, itā€™s probably too wide at the moment):

Iā€™m also using the DN quite tightly with my modular. Agree that it pairs well. It does sequencing via the Intellijel midi to CV module and Iā€™m taking the 1U line level out signal back into the DN most of the time for further fx.

2 Likes

Same here. The Ikarie is a nice versatile filter, it can also do stereo (phasing) effects, distortion etc. Same for the Mimeophone on other realms: phaser/chorus/delay/reverb/karplus.
I also have a Morphagene in there, as a looper, but lately as a granular processor with a realy short soundonsound loop, small genes and faster playback. Creates a nice layer of sound.

As statet before, next to the effects themselves youā€™ll need some CV sources, LFOā€™s, function generator, random etc. to have some extra hands :wink:

2 Likes

How did you ger your hands on Beads? I have had orders on one since the week it was announced

I think I got in very early, literally the day it was announced IIRC. Got one from the first batch that Signal Sounds received.

1 Like

A few modular effects i use with my octatrack

3 Likes

How usable is the tapographic delay ?
I have been lurking at it for a while, but I remember reading some bad reviews about it and never pulled the trigger.

Be well everyone!

My way of dipping my toes in modular fx was a make noise strega that I send my digitakt through on an aux sendā€¦ something about having more exposed controls on fx units seems really great to me.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently in the process of putting my first skiff together to pair with my Octatrack. I mostly picked modules that were fairly popular because they had the best documentation and video examples. I had to preorder a few modules (beads and intelijel io) and Iā€™m still waiting on my powered skiff to arrive, so Iā€™m trying to read up on all things eurorack while I wait for their arrival.

1 Like

Look what Iā€™ve found. That looks like what I was dreaming about. Donā€™t see any LFOs however.

The divkid ochd (just to the left of the Mimeophon) is an LFO module (8 LFO outputs!)

2 Likes

Yeah, can loop planar2 movement too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah thank you, didnā€™t know that it can look so ordinarily

1 Like

Cenk (@Dataline) talks about using modular FX with his Elektrons from about 14:20 in the video on this thread:

Someone else links a mock-up of his setup there too. Some food for thought at least :slight_smile:

1 Like