Current sounds coming from your gear (Part 1)

I was really surprised. It’s so good for drones that not having a slow LFO seemed bizarre. Of course now I could bring in any number of LFO/envelopes from my eurorack, but I didn’t have any then!

1 Like

That’s why I let go of my Nyx V1. You want at least one LFO to be like 400% slower than it is. Somebody should really make a hack, swap out some diodes or something.

2 Likes

Deffo. LFO multiplier switch!

2 Likes

That’s something I can really appreciate about the Rev2: really long LFO and looping envelope times if required.

4 Likes

This track doesn’t know what it wants to be yet. It’s made of synth bits from the Digitone and the Modal Skulpt, which was ran through the Zoom Sampletrak’s filter. It was all sampled into the Digitakt with some very nice drum breaks to be torn apart and put back together into a semi coherent whole.

8 Likes

Edit: video sound was too awful, here’s an mp3

Rytm + Peak + Eurorack (thru DN fx)

6 Likes

MM2 being granulated by Blackbox, with reverb from Bluebox
Also, a ground loop :slight_smile: :grimacing:

4 Likes

ot-nd2-md-lyra-8

5 Likes

Good match.

5 Likes

md-nd2-ot
second day with the machinedrum

5 Likes

Behringer Monopoly

1 Like

Went ahead and tried layering Iridium in with a Rev2 and Rytm jam, last night.
EDIT: A4 is providing some delay, here.

Not entirely sure if it’ll stay, but it was fun. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Definitely.

1 Like

Main dilemma was if it’s one too many ingredients. I ran into this issue a few times in the DAW. Just a bit wary it might be verging on that, I guess.

I appreciate the encouragement though. :slight_smile:

It ain’t an encouragement, it’s a fact.

I’m curious to hear it at half the speed either.

Edit : these days, I’m producing at very low BPM.

2 Likes

:heart:

I was actually planning on giving that a go. Just takes some setting up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you record it in Ableton Live? If so, you can always use Warp with the Complex Pro algorithm.

1 Like

Haha, yeah I use Ableton for recording, but the ethos of the project is to keep things in real-time, so while I could do the time-stretch thing, I’d like to be able to perform it live if I ended up liking the result. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s only for my own curiosity. By no mean I want to interfer in your creativity.

1 Like

Some Machinedrum GND machine only fiddling here once again.

12 Likes