Analogue Solutions Colossus : Inspired by EMS SYNTHI 100

Would love one if I ever won the 100 million dollar powerball lottery but I am happy with my smaller Leipzig v2 that is a fun beatbox synth. I’d rather get the AS Vostok anyways than Colossus at least portable.

1 Like

Yeah its pretty wild, I would just wish he went with atleast some filters a little closer to the synthi designs as apposed to just the SEM and Moog filters. The way the synthi filters resonance responds to gain staging is a big reason it works so magically with the mixer matrix type design imo. I suppose I’ve never used a synthi 100 but I assume it’s the same type of filter design as the Synthi A.

2 Likes

Incredible.

The scope still looks kinda ultra-cheap, though.
I don’t know, just seems off, somehow.
Perhaps I’m wrong about this.

But kudos to AS, this is amazing (again) .
Just a shame I will never afford this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Understand how different it is when buying premium luxury goods. With things at this price range and volume, a buyer has latitude with configuration and detail. Tell them, or the buying consultant you hired, to leave out their brand of o-scope – that you prefer a specific 8 channel Tektronix scope. Done. This isn’t like regular synth buying anymore.

I prefer manufacturers giving buyers options.

ADDED :

1 Like

Sure. But that’s what confuses me a bit.
Given the tiny luxury market, I would expect this to be presented with something more top-of-the-line to begin with.
It just looks a bit weird. Like the cheapest third party analog scope that’s available (perhaps the only one?).
If that’s the case, why not go with a nicely restored one.
But you’re right, that kind of customer probably doesn’t look at it that way.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

6 Likes

OK i’ll give it a shot.
Can’t win if you don’t try right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

If AS just put a fascia on it with different knobs. I think it would solve a lot of the issues. The cheapness of the scope isn’t the issue it’s the jarring aesthetic.

1 Like

Anyone used one of these yet? How does it sound?

Analogue Solutions is teasing an announcement for the Colossus Slim.

There’s a video which as far as i can tell just shows the regular Colossus. More info to follow.

ADDED : Ten days later.

The Colossus Slim, AS200, is very similar to the original, but in a slightly smaller and lighter package. You really need to read the details at the Analogue Solutions web-site if interested. Here’s a picture :

6 Likes

New video announcement and web page.

2 Likes

Colossus Double :neutral_face:
Pre-order now for just $64,250!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ColossusDbl--analogue-solutions-colossus-double-semi-modular-analog-synthesizer

2 Likes

If I won the power ball lottery the Colossus along with Moog System 55 would be a dream setup.

makes the Moog System 55 and Buchla Skylab look like a bargain lol!

2 Likes

Jesper Kouthoofd apparently. :laughing:

4 Likes

Four easy payments of $16,052.50.

1 Like

But they do offer 6-month financing so there’s that.

1 Like

Well that explains the pricing on the table. If I was to imagine what his flat looked liked prior to seeing it, I would not have been far off, although it seems more clutered than I expected.

I love this video for one reason.
Its called the collosus, and the first thing it tells you is…

50% smaller footprint.

2 Likes

That’s why it’s Slim!

The Slim’s only 28 grand USD…

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ColossusSlim--analogue-solutions-colossus-slim-semi-modular-analog-synthesizer

2 Likes