Analogue Solutions Colossus : Inspired by EMS SYNTHI 100

1 Like

With a handy place to park your drum machine.

1 Like

This? or 36 Nyborg-12/24ā€™s :thinking:

1 Like

Have to say. not as excited as i was before. But pretty cool if you want a greatest hits from this company.

1 Like

Kudos to him for building such a marvel, really.

But - I donā€™t buy AS gear anymoreā€¦ As much as I think he nails the vintage sound, i simply cannot support a guy who keeps reiterating its all about the money, the profitsā€¦ For those of us that have dealt with him direct, most of you know what Iā€™m talking about.

This is also evident in a lot of his interviews including at Synthfest.

If you openly talk about it, imagine how many corners are cut to turn a profitā€¦

ā€œIā€™ve been turning a profit every year for the last 25 years, so I must be doing something rightā€

Really?..

3 Likes

If I had Junkie XL money I would be all over it. Iā€™m sure even Junkie XL might pass on it. Although he plays with synths all day. Imagine waking up at 4am to play with synths until 7pm. Thatā€™s the good life if you are getting paid for it

1 Like

Well it is his livelihood, so he does need to pay very careful attention to his business model, distribution, parts purchasing, manufacturing, etc. In my opinion itā€™s a sign that he is running his business well. I donā€™t know why speaking openly about turning a profit gives any indication that he is cutting corners. In your opinion, is it shameful to make money for your labor? In our family-owned business, imagine if we didnā€™t turn a profit :rofl: We wouldnā€™t be in business very long is what I can tell you.

He is running a successful business making analog synthesizers. It is about making a profit first and foremost, otherwise there would be no business. That being said, he makes a profit because the product is so high quality. In a business where you sell something, profit and a high quality product are tied to one another in a totally inseparable relationship. He wouldnā€™t be turning a profit if the product wasnā€™t high quality, because people in this crowded marketplace would not be buying. He wouldnā€™t be making a high quality product if there was no profit, because there would be no funding.

Although, I guess he could develop these products on his own dime and time and sell at costā€¦ Not sure why he would though!

3 Likes

I will say though that after looking at this thing for a few days now, I donā€™t find it nearly as appealing as his other products. Just doesnā€™t look like that much fun to play with. Send me one and change my mind!

1 Like

Although he looks completely knackered in the video and canā€™t be bothered with nickā€™s interview formula, he seems to have his sh**t together, iā€™d rather see a talented geezer make a profit than the hordes of manufactured numptee millionaires living on this planet today.

4 Likes

Iā€™m glad I donā€™t have room for this beautiful monster.

3 Likes

No breakfast nook?

2 Likes

pretty expensive for a giant game of battleship, ainā€™t it?

1 Like

One of those times when you regret not making more money.
Maybe they are ready to make an exchange + money from me.

Lol I thought I was in the m8 tracker thread and was rather appalled at how off topic it had become. I had to scroll to the top in search of the point of inception before I figured it out.

1 Like

Youā€™ve obviously given some thought to this :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I have to add to the initial price a rental and the purchase of two trusted friends ā€¦ :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

X

1 Like

Oh Em Geee

Want!

1 Like

Iā€™m telling them the pinboards are black too, or no deal !

1 Like

I love Analogue Solutions. He is no compromise. Big kudos for doing his thing.

3 Likes