Analog Rytm OS 1.7x: bug reports

I just had a quick peek on Mk2

There’s definitely some gremlins if you do this the way that you choose to

i.e whilst in EUC mode, enter Trig Mute mode using FUNC (as opposed to hold trig then hit bank/mute)

If you mute the second dimmed trig or third dimmed trig then the corresponding trig on real step 2 and step 3 (non euc mode) will be muted properly

In EUC mode if you were instead to press the first trig then all steps randomly light up - it isn’t making sense either

Likewise if you press in between the EUC steps (which as i have explained, do not exist within teh sequencer) then it also goes awry

If you press one or more of the legitimate lit EUC trigs and (whilst not entering via Func/mute) press the corresponding bank button to mute/slide/accent etc then the functionality is consistent (can’t recall if trig 1 goes flakey this way)

So there is certainly a ux issue that needs fixing, but there’s also a way to lessen the issue for now ( “mind the gap”(s) ) and use the Trig+Mute method

PS wrt your last point, a printed EUC pattern is no longer like it was before, you change the game when you print as all the printed trigs have moved position and now affect what happens in EUC mode

So you’ve definitely identified that there are pitfalls and a bug, but also that there are better approaches to consider whilst awaiting a fix

basically it shouldn’t be possible to accidentally misuse features, and it currently appears it is

you should send a ticket for this

1 Like

wrt Photos above … That’s what i see with Mk2 as well btw !

Pressing 1 and in between shouldn’t give the random illumination it does

So it’s not right on both using this FUNC approach to over-lay Mute trigs

1 Like

it does seem to work alas still can’t “reserve” empty trigs but it’s not something that important tbh haha.

I like to enter mute mode and play live with all the trigs (it’s easier to see what is what). don’t get the “misuse” you’re talking about though.

anyway, will send a report (linking here)!

ah nope… If i trig+mute the 1st trig all the empty trigs are mute like in trig mute view

@avantronica

1 Like

that when you press an unlit step in the FUNC+MUTE mode it goes rogue with all the lights

by misuse, i mean that it is not expected to be of any use (just like pressing in between EUC steps in EUC mode itself)

it’s a bug, but there shouldn’t be any outcome as you are pressing into a void between real trigs (see my diagram above, when you tap TRIG labelled 6 for PL1=5 you are trying to mute the gap between 2 and 3, it shouldn’t be doing anything as there’s no viable outcome)

yeah, i suspected that was rogue too

so there’s an issue Muting 1 in this example, irrespective of how you choose to Mute

Yeah, muting unused trigs doesn’t do much in the EUC mode for independent tracks but it is useful for choke groups like tracks 3/4, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12. You can reserve some trigs (my example had the tracks inverted though) so I would still think being able to mute unused trigs like it is possible right now in the non-EUC sequencer should be possible rather than consider it a non expected behavior.

I just discovered this too. It’s gotta be an oversight. Push-turn moves by integers but does not snap and is slower than expected, while Function-turn snaps to integer but is way too sensitive and updates very slowly. I sent a bug report to support.

1 Like

Yeah, so there’s one thing. Not sure whether it is a bug tho.

When you select a machine - you can use the left top knob to travel through the pop-up list

When you do the same with a sample, the same knob changes a parameter value on the page behind the popup instead of scrolling and you have to use arrows

Drives nuts

1 Like

Getting a pretty bad quarter note click/pop on my main out using overbridge. Think it started right after the update. Calibration didn’t fix it.

Did you find the issue?

1 Like

i’m going to try the tips here: Rytm mkII pads bug - #17 by KRB
(thanks for asking :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Not sure if this counts but the LFO fade never resets itself when the LFO mode is set to FREE. It has no effect unless you set FADE to 0 and move it up, then it only fades once and never again. On Digitakt and Model:Cycles it resets on every trig regardless of the mode.

IIRC this was originally also a problem on the Digitone, but has been fixed. Hoping it gets changed on the Rytm

1 Like

Anyone else having LED issues on MK1 after the update?
My pad 7 ( MT) is behaving weirdly. Like not showing the right color in Chromatic mode and not turning on when pad select.

Surely that’s normal behaviour since the fade applies to the onset of the lfo when it’s triggered (in trig mode) and won’t apply when it’s free running.

Doubtful since they changed the behavior in every device after the dark trinity.

1 Like

It should fade in with the note trigger not the LFO trigger, so even if it’s free it will fade into wherever it is up to in the LFO cycle. It works this way on their other devices and is a lot more useful.

1 Like

Thanks, I haven’t explored the lfo fade-in function much, I hope Elekron fix this soon if it isn’t doing what it’s meant to do.

1 Like

Not sure if a bug or new, but definitely a strange and unexpected behaviour:

Using chromatic mode on a track plays that track sound, however if that track is configured to send midi it doesn’t use that track’s midi channel, it uses the performance midi channel. This means if the track uses midi its behaviour is different depending on if you play it via the sequencer or via the chromatic pads.

1 Like