Analog Rytm OS 1.7x: bug reports

I really like to use the fill function on the seq to make a rolling kick or hihat to introduce a new sound
for example remove the kick press the page knob and put the kick back will having the fill notes play
with the new update sadly this isnt possible anymore.when pressing the page knob now the new playback function pops up.
It still works but only if the track is already playing…
So no more little intro trick anymore.

1 Like

Elektron already said they’ll fix it. Mk2 has a dedicated fill button, so it apparently slipped through testing that it won’t work as smooth on Mk1 .

2 Likes

Ok hope they do. On the mk1 it is a big thing losing this function i think …thanks for the replay…Schnork

2 Likes

Hi, I couldn’t find any notes to the following issue, just happened this evening after playing with OS1.70 from the release day on:

In Mute Mode, the BD Pad suddenly appeared in blue color and even when returning to other pages and back to Mute Mode, it remains illuminated blue. Mute also works on the pad, but it remains constant blue instead of the usual green = on/off function.

After restarting the Rytm it disappeared, will see if the issue returns.

Am I missing something about the “Fold” half of this? I see the scale functionality but can’t find a way to fold.

It would be especially useful as there are only 12 pads, unlike the 16 on Syntakt with a “Fold” feature that removes the gaps and just gives you more notes in key.

I’m posting here because its absence feels like a bug given the above copy.

1 Like

Noticed that too…would love a fold feature!

when you select a pad scale mode it does fold the notes into two rows instead of three as in chromatic mode, so it does fold notes, the blank one simply corresponds with the next one, on DN there’s also one overlapping root note of each octave.
you do get octave and a half when using pad scale instead of one octave.

or is something different on mk1?

Heh, I’m even more confused now. So the blank one is the root but an octave up?

Is the blank the same exactly pitch as the note right beside it?

yep, it’s the same as the most left pink one in this case

it’s the first root of the next octave, on this example the bottom left is B1 and the blank and first pink is B2

you only have 12 pads so that folds into octave and a half opposed to the digis where the trigs are playing and you have 16 of them, so that’s 2 octaves on digis…

Interesting, so a fold with only one redundant pad per octave. Strange choice.

I just parted with my Syntakt, but I recall no gaps. Just straight into the next note, which I’d prefer.

I’m not sure how it works on Syntakt, but on Digitone it’s basically the same thing, you get 7 trigs play a folded octave and the last one corresponds with the next octave root note, so for example same thing on DN and trig 16 plays the same note as trig 1, so they overlap the same way the blank pad overlaps on Rytm,

for example: trig 9 = B1, trig 16 and trig 1 = B2

Ignore pic being sideways.

With pentatonic 5 note scales, there are spots with 6 whole wasted pads.

The color scheme is already enough of a break in octaves, it would really be lovely to just have it remove those blank / redundant notes and give me more usability in the space.

This might be turning into a feature request instead so I’ll drop it but the manual calling this “fold” kind of a let down.

3 Likes

Trig Condition “1ST” doesn’t work as expected in Direct Change mode. It works once and never again until you stop and restart the sequencer. The behavior should be: Whenever a pattern changes, the condition states reset.

At least in my opinion.

1 Like

anyone else experiencing lag when changing params, using scenes and perf?? or is it just me?
it happens kinda random i think, but pretty much all the time. for live performance use is very annoying as the changes do not happen instantly

Song mode has an issue where if the pattern’s LEN is set to INF, and that pattern is currently playing, the song never advances. So you can’t do polyrhythms unless you accept having to manually advance in song mode … which, let’s be honest, you’re unlikely to always remember you have to do.

Be better if it used the CHNG setting, yeah?

1 Like

Mk1. So frustrating to have this audio routing bug while I was working on a live set. Kick is still in master but quieter as mentioned above =(

Is it possible to downgrade the OS? Does anyone have an update on when(IF) they are releasing a fix?

I noticed something odd:

If you go to Sound Settings and down to Env Reset, the default says “Amp + Filter”…but if you change it, then it only allows Filter or OFF (as it was pre OS 1.70)…so is this a naming bug? or was a new option added to reset the Amp Envelope?

Amp Env Reset was a big feature request over the years

1 Like

This was removed from a beta many years ago but clearly the labelling has lingered. It is not part of the OS despite the tantalising clue

2 Likes

Synth page of BD Classic: the transient (TRA) value is not aligned, sits just one pixel below (MKI)

MKI 1.70F

The first project I started working in post upgrade now seems corrupted, I can no longer edit trigs in each pattern, even clearing does not work. When creating a new project, I can add/remove them fine.

Update: Ok, going to an unused pattern frees me up to edit trigs, but going to one specific pattern seems to bork it again.

Edit: Okay, I just had a few patterns in Euclid mode after each other :smiley: