Analog Rytm OS 1.50: bug reports

Firmware 1.50 is now released

Discuss here

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in the newest OS, reproduced it in a project created since the upgrade and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

2 Likes

I have a 2 octaves difference between pads and what is recorded on the sequencer (playing same pads).

Trig Menu > Note = 0
Pad plays note 36 (C3)
Seq plays note 60 (C5)

6 Likes

I stand corrected. I should change this message to avoid copy/paste errors :wink:

1 Like

Yes, this is in error, someone has muddled the centre point with the lowest point and there’s now an offset of 24, should be an easy fix

Pads go 12>60 centred 36

Seq goes 36>86 centred 60

Should be reported

5 Likes

Sending Kit / Pattern Sysex stops the playback…I don’t think this was the behavior before.

4 Likes

(just as a reminder)
Gentlemen, please take the time to report the bugs to Elektron support by submitting a ticket :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news to see on my way home!

Have an issue tho, previous set up of rytm: MIDI OUT to digitakt MIDI IN then digitakt: MIDI THRU to synth: MIDI IN has stopped working since ive upgraded both rytm & overbridge, might be bug from previous versions ive seen from googling around??

Rytm master but doesnt trigger digitakt, same setup as i had previously and was working

Any thoughts??

My bug report seems obvious but : done! :wink:

Bug reports
https://www.elektron.se/customer/tickets/

I was somehow stuck on compressor page, couldnt switch to something different - rytm was still running. Reboot solved it.

MKI or MKII?

Not very clear issue.
What was working?

By trigger you mean use clock / transport?
Check if setttings are correct.
Ambiguous because now you can trigger DT samples with AR! Wasn’t possible before.

Has anyone else noticed that the graphics are not centered? I’m seeing a 2px gap on the left side of the screen and a 0px gap on the right, so essentially all the graphics are offset by 1px. Not a big deal, but it pings my OCD a little. I only noticed this because the graphics on the right are now getting cut off by the bezel at certain viewing angles where they weren’t before (or at least I never noticed it)

edit: checked the display in test mode and it looks like I just have an off-center display

Always be knolling.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Not sure if a bug, but i had a weird occurence on my MK-I this afternoon: while copy/pasting the sound and track data from one pad to the next i got stuck in copy/paste mode for about a minute. Couldn’t start or stop the pattern anymore, unit seemed pretty much stuck. After a bit of random button pressing things eventually returned to normal. I’ve use this function many times and never had this happen before. Thought i’d mention it. Thanks for the fantastic update btw

Mk1

My upgrade seems to freeze just under the R for Receiving. Have cancelled and tried again a few times, same. It shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes to upgrade, should it? Any suggestions very welcome. Thanks

PS AR MkII - upgrading with Transfer over USB

Be sure to connect unit directly to computer (no hubs)

Try different cable.

Try installing from both Project menu and test mode.

I’m holding off updating but I’m thankful for those that take the plunge. I hope it starts working for you.

1 Like

Thanks I will try all those things and let you know

I realise the mistake I was making - was using Transfer instead of C6 - all upgraded smoothly now…phew!

Thanks for your help.

4 Likes

The midi offset bug between pad and sequencer is a workflow killer for an external sequencer, i hope this is relatively easy to fix cos i’m probably not alone in thinking this feature is unusable beyond a test in its current form. cant really save any projects if i’m going to have to re-offset sequences later…

Thanks for pointing it out, i was confused for a while there!

5 Likes