Analog rytm mk2 pad issues

My Analog Rythm Mk2 is going to travel in January.
Customer service high level premium plus :slight_smile:

Elektron Machines come with a 3 year warranty, and should be transferable. so as long as the machine was bought within that time, you should be able to get it fixed for free. I would reach out to the seller to see when it purchased. And reach out to Elektron support.

1 Like

You can just look at the back of the unit. If the date is not older than 3 years it should be covered. Best service!

1 Like

Yes I did. It will be fixed in January. Elektron support is really great !

3 Likes

Thanks for your insights ā€¦ I was on the brink of buying an AR mk2

To my mind a brand like elekron should be able to fix this. Otherwise they would not be really credible as a brand that cares about the interests of its customers. but donā€™t get me wrong I have no intentions to trollā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m having an issue with my used RYTM MK2 where especially when on the Mute page, pads I am not hitting are firing. It even happens when I tap the chassis of the RYTM. I installed the latest firmware, factory reset, etc., but it didnā€™t help. Of course turning it off an on sometimes fixes it temporarily, but Iā€™m still a bit concerned given how expensive it is, and this one is out of warranty.

I know this issue has been documented in a couple other threads, but Iā€™m wondering if its worth returning this one while Iā€™m still in the Reverb return window and buying a new Black RYTM to resolve this problem and for a bit more peace of mind.
Can anyone with a Black MK2 confirm if theyā€™ve ever had this happen or seen it on other black RYTMs?
If the black ones are just as much of a gamble though, Iā€™d maybe take my chances and keep this one.

Really hoping this can be fully resolved one way or another, Iā€™d love to have a RYTM, but its hard when there is a pretty fundamental usability issue.

Thanks

1 Like

A lot of times in mute mode my AR MKII pad mutes do not seems to work. Is there some hidden setting that Iā€™m not aware of that is causesing seemingly random pads to not mute or unmute when pressed and other pads to randomly mute and unmute? Video can be found here Video

Looks like a hardware problem to me

Itā€™s an all too common issue as even a cursory search revealsā€¦

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=Rytm%20pad%20issues

2 Likes

You should contact elektron support, I had the same issue. They send me a pad spacer which I had to install myselfā€¦problem solved!!!

My grey MK2 had exactly this issue. It was second hand so I paid to return it to Sweden where it was fixed as it was a hardware issue. Came back working perfectly.

Recently sold it to change to black. Iā€™m a fool for matching gear.

Black one has no issues at all so far.

I just encountered the mute pad issue on my 2018 AR Mk2 for the first time. Contacted Elektron support and received a super fast response with the proposition to send me the part to change with the necessary instructions. Now I look forward to fixing this! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quick update: Elektron sent me a cut out plastic sheet to be placed under the pads, as well as a set of very simple and straightforward instructions. I installed the sheet a couple of days ago, and everything has been working perfectly since. Very happy about the very responsive and helpful support from Elektron!

4 Likes

I just got a 2018 era AR MK2 and it has pad issues. Going to reach out and see if they will do the same for me.

2 Likes

2021 black RYTM mk2 started playing up today.

Mute, scene and perf pages unresponsive or going nuts with the pads.

Put a ticket in, see what they say.

Pretty disappointing, you think theyā€™d have got it right by now.

1 Like

oh that is disappointing. these pad issues keep me from buying a rytme

Quick update.

Elektron have somebody in Japan who could fix it, so there was no need to send it to Europe.
Really impressed with the service and speed. Sent it in last Friday, returned today.

The problem was the missing pad spacer sheet that a few people mentioned. Thatā€™s been fitted, all good.

2 Likes

I bought a used grey Analog RYTM MkII off Reverb maybe a month ago and it has the dreaded pad mute problemā€¦ I really donā€™t want to send it back but I guess Iā€™ll have to see if Elektron can fix it or send me the mythical pad spacer or something. Iā€™m never buying something used again lolā€¦ Mint Condition my ass.

Contact Elektron - in my case they sent me the film to be placed under the pads and it was a super simple fix. Never encountered any pad problem since.

2 Likes