Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

It’s just a new color, and my A4 stands on top of the gray OT mk2. So, I don’t have any real problems here :slightly_smiling_face:

These transformed Analog MK2s look very sleek indeed. At first they did look a little bit busy, from the underlined text for function+ commands, but my eyes of quickly adapted.
Now they look like big brothers to the Digi series, which is more fitting.

Fingers crossed for an OT MK2 transformed, with some more distinguishability in the 4 LEDS in the page section (if that is still an issue on the current MK2).
I’d find a way financially to transition back out of my MK1 for that and continue on with my dynamic sampling journey with OT no. 4.

1 Like

Did they change all the rainbow LEDs? I know people who are colorblind or visually impaired have had issues with elektrons for this reason

2 Likes

Yes, that was my thought too. I hope that Elektron is kind enough to submit it somehow (information) and also think of the MK 1 users :wave: :3lektron:

1 Like

For some reason they underlined all of the alt function text, don’t think that was necessary.

The light text on dark background is more readable (good), but all the underlining makes it very busy

Edit: @AdamJay explained the purpose of the underline further down in this thread. Makes sense now.

3 Likes

So this is what Elektron has been doing past couple of years? Nice colors, but I kind of expected something actually new…

1 Like

New black Octatrack in the A4/RTYM mkII form factor?

4 Likes

My OCD goes eye twitchin’ that these new kits don’t match the Digis in height and shit. Especially now when their design is so close. I’m gonna have to dig out my safety blanket here, or else I don’t think I’ll make it thru.

“What’s with the tilt, man? Them Digis don’t tilt. The analogues tilt. Just tell me, man. What’s with the tilt? I’m cold. Hold me. So cold.”

(family goes “Put his Chase Bliss pedals in a row or we’ll lose him forever! AND WHERE IS THAT DAMN SUCCULENT PLANT? DID MOOG JUST BUY THE LOT OR DID THEY LEAVE ANY FOR US COMMON FOLKS AS WELL?”)

15 Likes

Bit of a odd change.

Looks cool but I think prefer grey for easier on the eyes operating wise

2 Likes

Yeah the tilt thing is cool but wish they would have some consistency with it across the product range

6 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t kidding actually :slight_smile: tonality is just to help me accept this. It’s not really working, tho.

That looks so good. It would look so well in my mothership. Some day maybe. Some day. Grey ones I’m also quite fond of and when using it it’s calming in a sense, but this look is more up my street. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

the angle and the form factor (I want a small rectangle, like the mk1) is not my cup of tea at all.
I don’t know why they don’t do a SE (Studio Edition) where you get the extra outs/extra size and a normal (nomad?) edition without the extra outs and hence, smaller… I’m pretty much sure they would sell equally well (and I’m sure some people out there would buy 2)

2 Likes

As a MkI owner, I agree!

4 Likes

I imagine there will be update to OS in October to accompany this update (last update was October 2019).

I think they will likely add trig preview, model:chance and maybe stereo USB audio (similar to the digi update from a few months back). Can’t think of what else they would add tbh but could be useful nonetheless

4 Likes

The black is cool, is that all that has changed?

1 Like

I believe so

1 Like

new content pack aside, nothing new hardware or feature wise.

4 Likes

Tempted :smiley:

1 Like

The underlined text is an odd design choice, given how function key labels were handled with colored text on the DT and DN.

Whatever though, these things look like an appliance in Darth Vader’s bathroom. I’m totally into it.

7 Likes