Analog Rytm & Analog Four. Transformed

You were just saying you wanted one in black… is does look good

1 Like

Paint jobs are fun. I actually like the old grey one’s a bit more. Probably means that there is no Mk3’s on the horizon, but also probably means that they aren’t going to be removed from the lineup as well. The analogs are here to stay for a while. Now jump in these Knight Rider machine’s and ride off into the groovy sunset.

4 Likes

Now let’s have that cool new update with Trig preview :raised_hands:

3 Likes

isn’t it? The encoders are black too (compared to the grey of the mk1) so that’s even better!
Aside from the underlined text, it is really slick. I shall consider an ARmk2 now (and let go my last 2 wishes haha)

1 Like

Technically you can already trig preview on A4 =Trig +key and AR= trig +pad.
But Yes+trig would be cool too so you don’t accidentally change note/velocity just to preview

1 Like

I grew up with the Akai S1100 color so very happy to have the grey ones. And it make me think of this classic

1 Like

those look nice, although i sort of got used to the grey version and initially thought those were actually the MKI but with a darker black coating :thinking:

So now the grey versions are discounted here in Quebec. 150 $CAN less.

2 Likes

At first I thought so, but I think form vs function (no pun intended) are well balanced here.
Underlining follows the FUNC design language of the more Model:Series. This series solidifies the design choices made there.

If the function button was any other color, the way it is on the Digis, they could have gotten away with a digi-esque solution of colored text.

Another option would have been to make panel text that is grey but not underlined (yes, no, arrows, fx pages, cv pages) a new color all together, but that would have disrupted the total design language even more, and deviated from established practices.

I think it is mostly just jarring when you’re used to the look of the grey MK2. Overall, I like how they executed it here.

-Just the rambling thoughts of a budding UX/UI student.

4 Likes

Thats sad. Now I need to sell my A4 and AR. But not sure if I will buy them back in black, its to difficult and expensive)
We need housing and buttons replacement program. Otherwise I plan to part with these devices

I wish the SP-16 had cool colors like these units, instead of the pre-teen, Rainbow Brite colors it has. Then maybe I’d finally buy one. Nice job Elektron.

They should have gone with a different color like the Digitone.
A4/ARmk1 or Digitone are great (although red on black is a bit hard to read).
I’m not into UX/UI design but I’ve never felt or even think about this on their past machine, it felt natural.
If I notice or feel something is wrong = not good design choice (a totally narcissistic & centric me-based opinion haha)

1 Like

Sweet! Maybe I’ll be able to get a A4mkii in gray for cheaper now!

7 Likes

Just a personal wish would be a Lego color edition of the A4/AR mkII’s
Like Adidas did:

8 Likes

It seems that Moog already got the clue :wink:

1 Like

same. how it was meant to be, really. the black MK1’s looked great, but the screen and form factor just wasn’t right for what lies beneath. they tried to shoe-horn the machines into the original MD/MnM/OT form factor. but in moving to the new one, they lost the bad ass look their machines are known for. now that has been restored. :raised_hands:

I don’t think a colour change is enough to make them valued less than the black ones…
but I do wonder if they will continue to make grey ones also?

1 Like

Dope colors

17 Likes

The argument for underlines on boxes that aren’t as light colored is a functional one.
Digitone is a fantastic instrument to use but less easy to use in the dark, thanks to the blue on black functions. This is objective.

Underlines treat all actionable functions equal, regardless of primary or secondary(function), independent of lighting conditions. An important feature in an instrument designed to be use both at home and on a stage.

These choices make the product useful, and understandable.
Like you say, just your opinion. The questions arise only out of comparison to the five older boxes in the product catalog, and not the two most recents.

The design evolved two years ago with the Model:Samples, but since they were new products, the distinction was less noticeable.

1 Like