Analog Keys gig bag?

A question for the Elektron people (if you are listening).

Will you be offering some sort of practical carrying bag for us who are planning on lugging the AK around a lot?

Read my mind on this one. The only pelican case I can find that would be big enough is the 1650 and it’s nearly 30lbs itself not to mention 6-7in deeper than needed.

Perhaps the Storm iM3100 rifle case by pelican.

SKB Cases are incredibly customizable, as any pro case is really, but rather spend good money on a great case and not a soft case.

In the same boat of thought. I just bought a pelican 1620 to lug all my gear, and that’s me going overboard. Couldent imagine idea of 1650. For AK would imagine feeling comfortable with having a sturdy case. Elektron stepped out of the realm of compact gear. Hoping they already have this covered.

A soft case is actually what i am after. Want to keep it as light as possible.

Luckily someone already made a soft case for the AK.

3 Likes

Soft cases and keyboard synths mix pretty much like oil and water because all it takes is one drop or even say one bad bump and easily knocker an encoder, screw-up after touch not to mention possibly chip/break keys.
This is obviously a high quality keyboard unlike plethora of crappy midi controllers people toss in gig bags.
Plus, something along lines of an SKB Case, you not only could easily fly/travel with it, but also have TSA Locks/Latches as well.
Serious investment should warrant a serious case.

Apparently elektron are looking into a case for the AK. I asked them on twitter. But they couldn’t give any specific details on how and when (or even if) it will be available.

So I think I have to look into other options since i need to be able to bring it with me every now and then.

Does anyone have any experience with the SKB cases? I have been eying this one that seems to fit the AK. http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=676&o=&offset=1&c=91&s=76#

How customizable are the SKB cases? This case seems to have some kind of “inner corners” that keeps the keyboard in place. I guess the placement of these “corners” is adjustable? Anyone knows? And how are keyboards of different height handled? Does it come with different thickness of padding (for the lid)? The web page doesn’t mention how (or if) the case is customizable.

And if anyone have any other case recommendations (soft or hard) that works well with the AK please post it here in this thread.

Thanks!

This Gator case also looks like it could work.

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/111157-1419/gkpe-49-tsa

About 1 cm margin internally for depth and height.

Look in to Namba gear cases, they seem like the soft ones.

These all look like good options. If someone successfully identifies one can they report back? I’m not pulling the trigger on the AK until I know there’s a case that fits it, preferable a soft case but if I need to splurge on something like the Gator I guess I could.

Has anyone identified a case that fits yet? Otherwise I may just wait until Novamusik has them in stock and inevitably bundles a case with it that they can vouch for…

I will probably go for the Gator case mentioned above. Seems almost perfect for my needs. Will fit the AK + cables, a small mixer and my PTDelay.
Won’t order until mid january when i am back from vacation tho. Will update with pics and mini-review.

I need something like this too - a padded, relatively light soft case
Hope Elektron are brewing something up

Just got the Gator case and i’m quite happy with how good the AK fits in it. The case comes with one movable “barrier” that holds the AK in place sideways and 2 movable foam dampers (in the lid). They attach to the case with velcro. I might have to cut the foam a bit to leave space for a couple of the knobs and the joystick. And maybe add some damping in the 1cm gap in front of the synth.

And there is also some extra space for a few other items =)

1 Like

that actually looks pretty good.

apparently electron are looking into making a case, I asked them on their twitter account. nothing to announce though

if i order one for 61 keys, does it mean it could fit also besides AK, an A4+AR, cause this is my setup plan.???

I don’t know about you, but I’m a backpack guy, and so I’m hoping or an Analog Keys backpack. I’ve got a Nord Lead backpack, but there’s something genetically wrong wearing the Keys in a Nord Lead bag :wink: Let’s hope there’ll be a Keys backpack soon!

seems a bit big for a backpack, maybe a hardcase with shoulder straps though?

Backpack is great! The Keys is even smaller so it’d be a perfect gig bag to carry on your back, while keeping the octa under your arm :wink: (or soon the Rytm)