Analog Keys gig bag?

niceee

Iā€™m finding transporting the AK to be a bit of a pain.
On one hand, the unprotected keys make me worried, on the other I donā€™t want a huge hard-case to lug around.

Iā€™ve been wrapping mine in a bed sheet and blanket when I take it out of the house - less than ideal!

Desperate for a quality soft-case, cā€™mon Elektron!!

Hi everyone ! First post here.

I finally received my Analog Keys two days ago after a two months wait ! And I gotta say, it was pretty worth it, it really is an amazing piece of gear.

Back on topic, I think Iā€™ve found the best gigbag solution possible at the time, by using my Little Phatty gig bag in conjunction with the side foams from the AK cardbox. Just needed to adjust the height and the width of those with a cutter, and I have the AK safely packed ā€œin the airā€ inside the padded gigbag. I can take a picture of the setup if you guys want.

Enjoy !

I just called them as i need to fly with my AK very soon.
They are are working on a gigbag, its not ready but soon will be sent to production. No hard case. He suggested Nord gigbag or Gator case as people have been mentioning in the forums. I have no time to wait for their bag unfortunately and i have not been able to locate any gigbag fittingā€¦asked local shop to take their AK and test the bags they have. Nothing working.
So Gator TSA 49 it isā€¦just ordered.

I was fortunate enough to try the soon in production Analog Keys gig bag, backpack prototype at Musikmesse. Itā€™ll be great, Iā€™ll use it all the time, and I donā€™t think itā€™s that far off. It looks like a true elektron bag, just backpack keys size. I havenā€™t signed any NDA but letā€™s wait for the proper announcement and see the final adjustments.

1 Like

I dont plan to buy one, but being that they WERE at Musikmesse already, i wouldnt mind seeing a nice picture of one. Maybe details on if it has addition pockets, etc.

I really like the Gator TSA49 for flying, but if i were to want to jam with the AK locally, i wouldnt mind a backpack style for traveling a few blocks in the city.

4 months pass and still nothing since they said they were working on this.

I really need this case! Elektron!

Agreed. I wonā€™t travel with my AK until it has a proper, perfectly fitted case. Hope this comes soon.

It would be very cool to have an elektron branded gig bag but honestly I donā€™t if itā€™s close to release and moreover it will probably cost around 150+ ā‚¬ if we are lucky

Just last week on Ebay there was an Analog Keys posted as almost new by a company, with only three rather vague pictures of damages and posted sale Buy It Now of $1400. USD.

I had to literally pull teeth to get answers and finally found out that Analog Keys had been damaged BY someone hell-bent on carrying a professional synth with an aluminum shell, in a gig bag. The listing was taken down because the selling company refused to disclose any other specifics on the damages, and refused answers about warranty and transfer of ownership and warranty.

This is NOT something you want to just carry in a cloth or otherwise bag. Spend the $300. on a proper ATA/SKB, et al, caseā€¦not a bag.

2 Likes

I saw that listing. The seller is well known and reputable. Iā€™m surprised to hear that the synth had been damaged that badly. Good thing you asked!

ā€œend of summer / beginning of Autumnā€ say elektron from their twitter reply to me a few weeks backā€¦ Canā€™t come soon enough. Iā€™m SO tempted to find a different solution, but want something form fittedā€¦

1 Like

I believe that the best option would be to let gator to engineer and produce an oem case. 200/240 euros

I wonder if this is ever coming out. Seems like an awfully long time has passed to ā€˜prototypeā€™ the gig bag.

Elektron you really dropped the ball on this one !

Backpack is great! The Keys is even smaller so itā€™d be a perfect gig bag to carry on your back, while keeping the octa under your arm :wink: (or soon the Rytm)[/quote]
It is not clear to me. Does it fit in this bagpack and can I buy it somewhere?
Before buing Ak, I must be shure I can easily transport it. My studio is not at home

Analog Keys fits in the Nord bag. But if you wait juuust a little longer, I think Elektron might have their backpack ready soon. The Elektron backpack is much more padded and sturdy. The Nord bag is pretty sof.t

Hey guys,

I have been looking for the ideal AK gig bag bag too. Like you I found it hard to find something that fits right because the dimensions of the AK are somehow unusual. Finding a good fit seemed impossible until I actually measured the dimensions of my AK. They are (at least on mie) a bit smaller that the electron specs. Using the measured dimensions I ended up finding a gigbag that is lightweight, rigid, well built, cheap ($50), and that fits like a glove: The 1SKB-SC3212.

Here is an amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0063OSII8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I attached pictures of my AK in it. The width fits just just right - The AK would not slide, even with the case open. There is also a bit of length space available for some other equipment on the sides and a pouch on the front which can fit my 15" mcbookair just fine.

Let me know if you have questions or if you want more pictures

Haha I am so cheap. When I saw the box the AK came in with a handle and foam padding I was like ā€œsweet, no need for a case!ā€.

Swanflight have made a custom case for it. I have a swanflight case for my guitar pedals and theyā€™re very well made. Pricy enough but then again the AK was a significant purchase. Wish there was someone making a base that could be attached underneath the exposed keys though. A source of incredible paranoia for me that itā€™ll fall and theyā€™ll break
http://www.swanflight.com/elektron-analogkeys-flightcase.html
If someone has one of these cases, would love to see a pic of the synth inside.

why do you think Elektron is gonna make one?
this weekend I will go to my studio again (20 km away from my house), and I will feel lost when I only have a AR and OTā€¦ I really need some bagā€¦