Analog Heat

I love this forum for its positivity and its helpfullness
Enough forums to find if you want to be negative and infriendly.

3 Likes

Its getting hot in hereā€¦so take off all your clothesā€¦

4 Likes

Still wondering about the AD/DA and main outs.

Looks like a great unit. Would love to have a play with the envelope followers

*unfriendly. :pl:

1 Like

Closest thing would be the jomox moonwind which is great

2 Likes

Have you tried Google? You can get a fun kit at http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/Crusher_Analog_Bit_Crusher/p847124_9120292.aspx, for example.

2 Likes

As I described, a bit reducer would have to re-arrange the signal path to include an A/D before the analog out (which is already present in the unit but used only for Overbridge and not the analog out currently), the bit reduction, and then the D/A after the bit reduction would feed the analog outputs. As I stated I personally donā€™t feel the added feature would be worth losing the straight analog signal path when not using Overbridge.

EDIT: diagram for clarity:

ANALOG IN > ANALOG EFFECTS (distortion, filter, eq) > A/D > bit reduction > (D/A > Analog Out) OR (Overbridge Out)

A bit-depth and or sample-rate reducer could have been implemented as one of those separate distortion circuits. It could even have been a completely isolated circuit under CV control using a 12 or 8 bit AD and DA convertor running through a simple and cheap AVR or ARM microcontroller.

Hm. Wouldnā€™t be surprised to see a DIGITAL DIRT with eight dedicated digital distortion circuits under that knobā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

There are times when the filter and overdrive can sound quite pleasing but it is situational at best.
There are other times when the A4 sounds so bad in these areas that I literally think it is broken.
Each of the Elektron products seems to fill a gapā€¦ and the AH seems to look to address the poor effects gapā€¦ fingers crossed it excels.

1 Like

Always naked - since meeting Analog Heat

7 Likes

please everyoneā€¦ donā€™t disturb Dataline for making his video about ā€˜using analog heatā€™

2 Likes

Little OT+AH noodling

23 Likes

looks & sounds so good

Sounds great. Iā€™d love to see similar clip of A4/AK + AH.

^^You will have itā€¦ This thing sound just fakking incredible!

7 Likes

yeah the new thing sounds quite amazing

reading through this forum, itā€™s looking like this thing should be named ā€œThe Polarizerā€

6 Likes

:laughing:

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Analog Heat - the first of several boxes?