Analog Heat - the first of several boxes?

Yeah, I’ve been vaguely eyeing the sherman filterbank for a while. Sounds amazing in videos. The Elektron box does seem to cover a lot of the same ground.

Interested to see some videos but for me it seems a little over-priced and I have similar depth/options already with pedals (once I finally sort out my pedal Midi situation…). For convenience/portability/presets this looks pretty good tho.

Sounds like a cool idea. Personally I’m not interested in this particular bit of kit but an elektron delay/reverb/modulator might be just what I’m after to run old analog synths through.

1 Like

Exactly this:
Tape (filter)delay+Reverb+Noise gen+Multimode Filter
Kind of Space Echo on steroids…
and I’m in!

3 Likes

Looks pretty hot to me, it does make sense to imagine more to come, and it does sorta have more of an obvious computer use arrangement so you can add the wet FX after this - i’d love this at the end of the AR, but it’d be a pity to mangle the reverb etc

1 Like

Is there any indication that:

1. There might be more of these pedals coming, and
  2. There might eventually be a master device to tie all of these together

Elektron delivering optimal sound but still providing that big device that has that inspirational approach that I love

(Please)

Analog Ring !

4 Likes

One to rule them all?

3 Likes

If it came out, my friends would never see me again drum hit

1 Like

No direct indication, but there was this brief newspaper report that indicates that Elektron is planning more products based on the development work it has been doing, including Overbridge.

Any other speculation about similar units for pitch- or time-based effects is just us as a community inferring what might be possible given Elektron’s analogue capabilities and Overbridge.

2 Likes

I would just hope that elektron would find a way to maximize their profit for their intensive work on these effects but remain true to their creative method like former boxes. All these same, let this thread be the reincarnation of New Elektron Box 2016 <3 :slight_smile:

Thanks Peter!

3 Likes

Analog Loop. please :smiley:

6 Likes

A new box? Not the next two years i guess! Instead of smashing a new box to the mass i would vote for more OS enhancements on the actual gear (digi-waves for the A4).

1 Like

You can imagine Overbridge was a significant milestone for them and a massive workload. Following the 1.0 release you quickly saw some Rytm and Four updates, and now this. If Heat provides a platform for other boxes going forward, with the dust settled on everything else who knows we might see other boxes emerge sooner rather than later.

1 Like

That would be awesome. I thought by them moving onto the next thing they were considering those boxes a done deal. Is this not usually the case?

FM Heat seems so obvious that in my mind I’m already catching seabass off the back of my powerboat. :content:

2 Likes

So far Elektron has only implemented digital chorus, right? (I’m not sure about any of the analogue range). It would be nice to see a “mod/delay/verb” unit: digitally-controlled but real BB chip chorus effect would be rich, especially if suitable for bass (guitar) and controllable via cv/midi and included an assignable LFO. Perhaps a similarly controlled dual analogue delay (like Strymon’s Dig), and instead of a spring verb, how about a high-quality convolution reverb? I’d love to see Elektron do a hardware impulse response processor. :astonished:

Analog Deep

1 Like

AH is just a distortion/filter box tho right? Luxury/convenience thing that most people can already achieve same results with their existing gear or plugins? Not really comparable to previous Elektron boxes? I’d be surprised if AH signalled the end of anything else…

I think its weird people seem to be veering toward encouraging Elektron to do more boxes like the AH. So many other options exist already for most of this stuff. Elektron doing more of them will just mean Elektron having less time to make the unique kind of boxes they have in the past or develop updates/features for their existing boxes. It will also make them way less likely to include ‘the best possible’ digital modelled effects or analog distortions etc in sequencer boxes cos they’re just going to want everyone to collect all their fx boxes on top. Seems like potentially a turning point in their direction has crept up. Not sure but AH and Overbridge just seem like bad omens for those of us that hoped they’d continue down the OT/A4 kind of road but with even deeper/better quality/more functions onboard etc.

But God knows really… Maybe they have some killer boxes in the works for 2017. Guess we’ll see…

5 Likes

I was talking about similar gear like the A4/AR/OT … not stuff like the AH (which is great)! The analog-hype will be over in time … digital will be the next thing in terms of sequencer-boxes like the MM but more sophisticated with newer synthesis-machines like the ones on Mutable Instruments Clouds, Rings, Warps and Elements or like something as 4MS did with their Spectral Multiband Resonator. I guess this kind of soundgeneration in one box instead of a eurorack-module 400 bucks+/per module in combination with a sequencer would be madness!

Take a look into the eurorack-world - there is a shift towards digital-synthesis, not pure analog anymore … there is the rabbit

implementing usefull parameters for musical results and not the tabula rasa: a new box is born :sunglasses:

4 Likes