Analog Heat

Does AH have holes for screws on its sides like other elektron devices have?

Sounds hot.

very, very niceā€¦ can you set a frequency for the eq? or does the eq has fixed bands?

No holes on the sides. Four holes underneath that I think (= unconfirmed) is specifically for mounting purpose.

2 Likes

Clearly states ā€œ2-band adaptable stereo analog EQā€ in the specification section on the webpage.

So awesome man!

1 Like

Iā€™m warming up to it being paired with the OT.

For some reason I assumed the signal path wasnā€™t all analog because of all the digital modulation and such going on; I think I was picturing the A4ā€™s signal path or something with everyone wishing for digital algorithms such as reverb. My mind naturally went for the digital bit reducer algorithm found in the RYTMā€™s signal path. So the AH for sure cannot possibly implement any additional effects like this with OS updates?

1 Like

More please Captain!

2 Likes

In any case, if a bit reduction effect cannot be implemented into the AH, one could easily find an effects box to do that, and my main point is that a bit of bit reduction, a touch of AM, and an envelope modulating the filter while the AH is in saturation mode would surely do a good job of emulating an SP1200. Iā€™d like for someone to try this so I can hear it; thatā€™s a big reason for why I want to buy this thing.

2 Likes

seeing the automation on the envelope makes me happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check out the Pittsburgh Modular Crush. For all intents and purposes this is an ā€œanalog bit reducerā€. I own one and I agree with Prints in that this could have been a nice circuit in the AH.

EDIT: I was a bit rude in my reply, so fixed it. Sorry, srejv.

5 Likes

Ever sense the AH has been announced Iā€™ve been using the lo-fi distortion effect in my OT a lot more. :joy:

6 Likes

Filter is the no. 1 used effect in my OT, IĀ“m always touching that Dist knob in setup page rather than using lo-fi. Although I do use SRR and BRR a lot secondary on top of it if the filter isnĀ“t enough for what IĀ“m after. And I like the filter in this Heat thing too. Just heard some random music thru it and instantly thought: 'hmmm, that reminded quite a bit of ā€˜Copy of Aā€™ā€¦

3 Likes

Funny to see and hear this and makes me more interested in Elysia than some Analog Heat :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWCaF7dWkg

7 Likes

One of the main purposes of the EQ should be to do a high pass on the wet signal for bass or kick sounds. So that you can mix the dry signal below lets say 100 Hz with the wet distorted signal above. I hope this will be possible and that the frequency can be adjusted (maybe also with a ā€œbumpā€ at the filterfrequency like the decapitator does it). Otherwise, the EQ would have little use.

Can it make FM like effects using LFO? Something like AMF/AMD in OTā€™s LO-FI.

Ah crap this sounds so good!

why not both :slight_smile: whatever the heat lacks in class A circuits etc is made up for mad swedish modulation. you canā€™t tweak the karacter with your OT crossfader, or you can with a midi to cv converter and control over only 2 destinations (drive & mix). perhaps you donā€™t need more, for the mastering/mixing types you really might not need all those modulation destinations but elektronā€™s target audience definitely will salivate over these possibilities.

this is coming from a pretty unbiased position i think :wink:

really had my eye on the karacter but i think i will fill my lunchbox with the nvelope and grab the analog heat for distortion/saturation duties on the master bus instead. a little less expensive too (at least for 500 series)

4 Likes

As an acoustic electronic looping string player, Iā€™m part of the new demographic the teaser hinted at, I think. The OT (and now possibly the AH) is the only Elektron box Iā€™ve really seen a need for in my setup, so Iā€™m definitely intrigued! I have a feeling the AH will be much more than its initial specs suggest.

Iā€™d love to hear my tanbur through the AH (and I generally donā€™t put distortion on it ever) as well as entire mixes through it. Iā€™m thinking it could be a great companion to the OT for me, both live and for studio work. Nice going, Elektron!

4 Likes