Analog Heat getting some new tricks?

I have sometimes rejected gear because of its appearance, despite an otherwise high level of awesomeness.

It says a lot about me, none of which is flattering :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have sold MKI and lost money only to pay more for MKII because of its screen. I love my AH. I hated the MKI screen. It was ugly and difficult to read.

In the quick setup guide of the MKII they show an exemple of pseudo compressor with the envelop. I think many ppl use the AH on master bus. A compressor mode for the enveloppe would be awsome.

I read many time ppl complain about the price of the AH. I was like this before I decide to clean my setup to minimal and use 1 instrument (DT) and 1 processor (AH). So I bought AH with money from gear sales, and yeah, the AH is not pricey. It’s an awsome instrument that don’t produce sound itself, but believe me, it have his own character and beat most of analog synth in this price range.

2 Likes

Not bothered one bit by the mk1 screen. My biggest gripe with it is that after getting one i then wanted many more: one for processing each of my instruments!

5 Likes

Off point, but gotta disagree on pure aesthetics.

Mk1: lights match the screen color, text under the buttons with all buttons the same size is more cohesive… sure you’re not thinking the other way around? :joy:
Mk2 looks easier too use but loses on aethetics hard though (I don’t need Christmas lights on my music gear, thanks.)

Both look nice, but if I could just have the bigger screen and features on the old model, I’d be fine.

4 Likes

Hopefully ‘getting some love’ means more than just some new promo activities and is actually a firmware update…

2 Likes

I’m just here for the comments on the screens. I don’t even care if the AH gets any new tricks.

3 Likes

Why is everybody so big on the compressor? Can‘t you approximate it with the envelope follower?

1 Like

Elektron newsletter just in. No word about AH updates.

Guys, it’s obviously scale per track just like the other boxes

26 Likes

I just checked the prices of the MK1 version. I’d be mad, too, knowing I could have bought it for a few hundred dollars cheaper if I had waited a few months or so. I would love to snatch up a MK1 at these current prices if it functions all the same as the MK2.

1 Like

Even better if you buy the MK1 at today’s used prices they’re commanding on reverb.com. Bargain city at $450 USD.

2 Likes

WOW, that’s cheap!

I actually prefer the mkI look, I like the somewhat dim orange display, really!

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s almost criminal, considering the features and the spec. Now it’s one of those not-so-hidden gems on Reverb / Forums.

1 Like

Picked up a mint mk II for €525

Liking it so far for a little dabble.

Can understand why it so easily will become an anything signal partner.

1 Like

The funny thing though

I am following this whole thread just based on the fact that someone somewhere heard something that Elektron might maybe add something unknown to its Heat.

The thing is, that I am most certain that I would buy the Heat with just one more feature. Even funnier: I don’t have an opinion on what this feature should be.

It’s just that (and I am only relying on YouTube references) I don’t feel that the trade off between gear real estate and added sound enhancement is really leaning towards the latter.

But I guess if there’s something like a glueing compressor or some other feature (parametric EQ, stereoimager, Limiter,…) for it to not only have the right but the necessity (even if it just feels like that) to be last gear in chain of a live set, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

4 Likes

Hey, that’s more than we usually know/have! :joy:

3 Likes

I can feel this thread is starting to show a buildup… how many posts until it drops? :wink:

1 Like