Analog Heat getting some new tricks?

You got me laughing

3 Likes

MKII out TOO SOON, horribly dropping my mk1 value

1 Like

The value is in the amount of and quality of use, not the resale, but that’s just my opinion. I keep everything I buy so that just might be my perspective. If you hold on to your MK1, years down the road the resale value will almost certainly rise again.

8 Likes

I always wonder why people get upset when a new version is released. Not hating just wondering. Why is it a bad thing when a new version is released? I understand the value goes down, but why does that matter if you are keeping it? & if you’re not keeping it, why didn’t you return it within the warranty period for a full refund? If bought used, well you already paid less than you would if it was new & of course there’s A LOT of risk when buying used gear. I’m sure if you bought it used & want to sell it you wouldn’t lose that much money. Lastly, if I was buying gear to resell it & make money the Heat MKI wouldn’t be a smart purchase.

I bought the Heat MKI because I thought it sounded great & I wanted to use it. When buying the Heat MKI, I would have realized within the first month of owning it if I didn’t like it enough to keep it & would have returned it for a full refund. Nothing lost. Since I love it, I kept it & I use it. The value other people put on it doesn’t matter to me since I’m the one that’s using it. The MKII coming out means more possible OS updates which only enhances my MKI.

10 Likes

Dear Sharris I can’t figure out if you’re pretending not to understand or really don’t get it.
I’m not complaining about let’s say: Analog 4 MkII, released a reasonable span of time (I’m meaning “several years”) after the MkI, that I happily sold to - even more happily - buy the new version, that now I happily own.
I’m talkin about a refresh of a machine pulled out after a fuckin ridiculous short time for mere marketing reasons.
I don’t want to sell my (almost brand new) Analog heat mkI, I simply hate the idea they were selling a pretty improved version a damn year later or so

Sorry for my weak english

3 Likes

I’m not pretending, I just don’t understand how that affects you. That was basically my question, why it was & I quote “the purchase you are most pissed of in your career of shit buyer”. Sounds like the release of the MKII really affected you & was just wondering how/why it affected you. A lot of people complain when a new version is released & I never understood why / how it affected them. Was hoping to be enlightened.

An improved version was released a short time later, but the MKI you purchased is the same & will hopefully get some OS updates because of the MKII.

EDIT: I paid $650 for my MKI new & the MKII looks like it’s going for $799… seems like they’re asking for a little more money for the updates the MKII has. & I was under the impression there were only a few updates to the MKII

1 Like

Sharris isn’t messing with you, they’re good and knowledgeable ! It sounds like I’m in a similar situation. I got my heat last year after getting a bonus at work. The mkII was released less than a month later. Such is life, I suppose. The main reason that doesn’t bother me that much is because the circuits remained the same. I’m not losing anything with the mk I when it comes to sound. Sure, the new screen would be nice, but I have found that a device like the Heat is best dialed in by ear (isn’t it all about the sound, after all?). And, as @Sharris mentioned, I don’t plan on selling my Heat, so resale value is a moot point. Oddly enough, it’s probably the one thing I own (apart from Octatrack) that I’d never sell. The more I use it, the less I think I need the updated screen / UI.

3 Likes

Same. I get the need for the small update and value that they continue to support both (as they should). It’s a super useful tool to have.

Now, what is this new stuff everyone is daydreaming about!? lol

1 Like

Didn’t they pull it and refresh it to synchronize the screen and other components with their other machines? Very beneficial for a small company to utilize the same parts in multiple products for supply chain and service reasons.

4 Likes

It wasn’t marketing reasons though, it was actual hardware reasons.

5 Likes

Add an analog compressor to the amp section and you have a bonafide legit DAWless masterpiece. The EQs are great, the filters are great, the saturation/distortion is great. Now take that envelope follower that you already have, add an adjustable ratio to it, and call it a compressor. The pieces are already there, just need to connect the dots.

11 Likes

Hopefully this is what they’ve done with the new firmware!

2 Likes

Because the old version is ugly! :butterfly:

2 Likes

I have an MK1 for sale, just sayin…

How’s that? lol

Also, wasn’t there something about some parts for the mk1s not being available anymore?

I fail to see whats so great about the mk II tbh

lower specced outputs and a fancy new screen, meh

mk I isnt really missing anything vital

3 Likes

As long as Elektron keeps releasing firmware updates for their older stuff, there’s nothing really to worry about imho.

1 Like

Well as someone already said, the screen makes a big difference to monitor signal and see how the envelope follower behaves.

1 Like

Well compare to the Mk2 which is simply nicer to look at… it has a prettier screen with more information on it and better looks and feel of buttons. Beautiful :hibiscus: :bouquet::cherry_blossom:
Some people don’t care about the looks of gear. I do! It’s not the most important thing but if I’d had to choose id choose the mk2.