Analog Heat getting some new tricks?

From the Elektron newsletter:

Analog Heat MKII event 18:00-22:00 | September 13

Elektron Studios Berlin is cooking up our first event of the season. If you’re in the German capital, come warm your hands at the fire with our open house evening focusing on the Analog Heat MKII and the multitude of ways it can beef up your sound - whatever that sound is!

We’ll be running through some of our favorite - and most unusual - ways of using the Heat, and will have plenty of machines for people to experiment with.

We will also be looking at some exciting developments for this fiery beast of a sound processor. And one lucky attendee will be going home with their very own Elektron furnace. Keep your eyes peeled on our social channels next week for more Heat-related competitions!

Any speculation on what the “exciting developments” may be?

3 Likes

Limited edition version with hot rod flames graphics and a red drive knob

15 Likes

Must have.

2 Likes

Maybe they finally found some black knobs for it.

2 Likes

if there are any left at all :slight_smile:

maybe we get finally a backup option

2 Likes

Mkiii maybe? If they threw in a few more analog effects that would be an instant buy for me. Analog delay, chorus, etc. There’s plenty of space on the front panel. And I’m really dreaming here, but imagine 4 stereo ins with faders for mixing all your Elektron gear. Probably won’t happen though, but it’d sell very well imo.

1 Like

This might also mean good news for us mk I users!

11 Likes

I am hoping for some new info about what these new developments can be today. My analog heat mkii just arrived the other day.

So, what is it going to be? I hope it’s not underwhelming.

If anyone on here is going to the event tonight, could you keep us all informed about the ‘new developments’ as they happen, pretty please? Thanks!!!

Fingers crossed it’s an Analog heat with a keyboard glued to it! How sick would that be?!

Seriously though, love this thing instant awesome multiplier. And curious about “developments.”

Maybe a beat sync on the LFO, or beat divisor? (Could very well be a way to do it already, I’m very new to this device and I haven’t RTFM yet.)

5 Likes

You can send it midi clock and beat sync LFOs then.

Haha, I would not be surprised. It would let the user specify which frequencies the distortion would be a applied to with the keyboard. A multiband distortion unit aimed for live performance. :grinning:

2 Likes

You can sync the tempo but you can t get it to reset the lfo consistently on say the first beat. There s a hack method floating around on the forum but i haven t been able to make it work. As far as i know only one user did.

1 Like

Midi out would be great.

Hi thanks! Yes that what I kinda figured, I haven’t hooked it up to midi yet. Added to try to tonight’s jam-genda.

Interesting, I’ve seen other lfos that turn into 1/4 or 1/8 etc… type divisions when synced to external midi. So that’s what I was expecting, guess that’s not the case?! I had one song where I had distortion synced up and it maintained a subtle groove even when I didn’t have my rthm section playing. Super awesome!

I’ll try tonight, I suppose the envelope follower essentially does this. But u need to keep triggering it… so not really…

Hmmm, can’t wait to try tonight anyways.

This is all very well and lovely!!! But what is this new development???

4 Likes

Compressor from Digitakt?

5 Likes