Analog Heat getting some new tricks?

Thanks for sharing that! Now I feel a bit calmer. The worst case scenario is always buying something to find out a month later that a new updated iteration is released.

But I think you are right @Psyre, it would be really bad for Elektron to release so many new iterations of it in such a short time period.

I love that Elektron is doing these firmware updates to their machines that add new features. I have never experienced that with any other company out there before. So big up Elektron for that!

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if they made the Heat a Best Of Elektron FX. The reverb and delay on the Digitakt are top notch tuff. I’d ditch my Volante if I could have a bunch of Elektron FX in one box, Heat style. I’ve yet to come across a delay I like more than the Volante, but having it all in one box would be close enough for me to let convenience get the best.

I doubt they put the DSP power required for that in the Heat… It s digitally controlled but in essence an analog fx box.

2 Likes

Still. Would be something, wouldn’t it?:blush:

2 Likes

it’s probably the ability to control left and right channels independently

1 Like

Hell yeah LFO madness.

Was anyone there? How was the fire? Was it fire?

4 Likes

Yah, that would be dope. I find the filter pan a little odd, not sure I understand what it’s doing? I only use it a touch to open up the stereo field. But any more than that and I’m scratching my head…?! I probably just need to LFO it! When in doubt LFO it.

2 Likes

A filter frequency offset between left and right channels.

7.3.1 FRQPAN Adjust the cutoff frequency of the filter and pans its behavior between the Left and Right channel. At a value of 0 there is no frequency panning effect. Lower values increase the cutoff frequency in the Left channel and decrease it in the Right channel. Higher values increase the cutoff frequency in the Right channel and decrease it in the Left channel. (Range -64.00—63.00)

5 Likes

Holy crap, that would explain a lot in my recent recordings. I’ve been wondering why they have seemed to lean toward the right channel. Probably have the FRQPAN up a little too much, or the LFO skews right. I really need to read the F^&%*$ manual…

2 Likes

My heat stays at 25%stereo filter setting with the last notch filter on, res down. If I play with it it gives me really cool stereo separation.

3 Likes

Yeah i like it a lot too, but has to be applied carefully as it can really mess up a mix.

3 Likes

sooooooo did something concrete come out of this rumor. I read through the thread and it didn’t seem clear. The event happened right and elektron unveiled…?

1 Like

This is strange. Elektron wrote about that they will look at some exciting developments for the Heat both in the newsletter and on instagram in several posts. And then there is 100% silence.

Based on the reply @circuitghost got, the newsletter might have been typed by an over enthusiastic person who let the future update slip before they intended to do so.

2 Likes

That was my guess, too :joy: with that said, the guy seemed to enjoy to talk about that he couldn’t talk about it. So he got me pumped on this update without spilling a single bean.

2 Likes

Is it a new box, or a new firmware?
I’m sitting here and wonder if I shall get one that weekend…

It’s gotta be firmware

2 Likes

thank you!