Analog Heat getting some new tricks?

Really want to know too. I’m about to pull the trigger on an AH but obviously want an even better one to be released or at least an OS upgrade first.

hmm, what if its a compressor function? You can already sorta compress, just making a new UI for the controls and finetuning the heat for that particular purpose might be a feasable addition

7 Likes

Did anyone go to the Berlin event?

I suspect it’s not much of an announcement. There’s nothing on elektron webpage. Maybe it’s an announcement of something they’re working on??

@qlamerand did it with CV input set as Footswitch, Env Trigger dest.
I did it sending 2 Control Change values (127 and 0), with Env Trigger Threshold CC.
127 > not triggered, 0 > triggered.

3 Likes

One time playing around with the heat I managed to self oscillate the filter and trigger it with midi control of the depth… fm type sounds spitting out… maybe something along these lines?

3 Likes

Good kicks with exp lfo too!

3 Likes

I’m curious too, was anyone there?

1 Like

If it’s gonna have a keyboard it better be the same form factor as the Digitone Keys!

2 Likes

+1 for news update please

I was assuming it would be related to new firmware features. There’s a lot they can add to the box of hot.

Met an Elektron rep today. Asked him
about it.

”How do you know about THAT?” he said.
”Cause whoever writes your marketing
copy just told the world.”
”Hookay.”
”Mmmhm.”

11 Likes

Aww come on! Now I’m really curious.

Nothing to tell. The guy was professionally tight lipped. I have a few guesses based on what he (didn’t) say, though. But I’d only fuel speculation more than what I’m already doing :sunglasses:

But it was a good talk. Them Elektron people are really nice. They seem genuinely happy to meet their customers.

13 Likes

Goddamn, now we really need to know what’s in the pipeline for this device. And I’m glad it’s a firmware update so I can purchase the Mk2 without regretting it soon afterwards. Please let’s speculate on what’s coming. It’s fun!

Yeah, I have recently bought the MKii so I really hope its a firmware update and not a MKiii. But I don’t think they already gonna bring the MKiii to the table.

I had my third studio session with it today and I treated my Boog with it and Saturation and enhancement really bring forward details when I do a filter sweep with resonance. The Heat makes my Boog sound even better and more gritty.

And I really love the filter. The filter is high quality and is really clean sounding. It’s nice to have an additional analog filter that you can use with other synths and the low pass filter doesn’t lose low end when you crank up the resonance.

1 Like

Definitely excited to hear what this may be and hopefully it’s applicable to mkI. If it’s a mkIII, I think that would look pretty awful…3 iterations of the same device in 3-4 years?? To me that would indicate some serious problems in their ability to execute a vision for the device. I totally get the mkII, needing to update due to supply chains or streamlining component selections across multiple devices etc.

Surely Elektron would know better than to suggest to their potential market “don’t buy now, we release a new model every other year”… right?

1 Like

I got no impression this was anything else than a firmware update.

”We’ve shown some love to the Digitakt and Digitone. Now it’s time to give some to the Heat.”

9 Likes

Wasn’t there some hints on Sep. 13th in Studio Berlin?
Who was there and what was shown?

Elektron offices closed in the weekend, public announcement on monday?