Analog Four MKII out now!

I hope it’s not that far out, though I’d rather it be functioning properly before Elektron starts shipping them.

1 Like

I have an OGA4 that I dig so much I’m tempted to pick up an A4MKII as well.

I was on the fence, but immediately sold my MK1 when the MK2 was announced with better sound quality

one feature I’m suprised they didn’t add on mk2 is having the track buttons on the right flash when audio is playing like on DT. it still gets me on mk1, not being quite sure whats playing on which track when you switch patterns.

2 Likes

I’m not sure Perfect Circuit actually has them. I ordered one a few days ago and it still hasn’t shipped out. Hope that’s not the case.

Curious. I talked to them today and mine’s going out this evening. I had a question about shipping

Yeah - mine just shipped too. Looks like I was being a bit impatient. Elektron tends to bring that out in me.

1 Like

Yea. I’m stoked

1 Like

Well, they’re in stock around here. I’m gonna have a go at one tomorrow. I know for a fact I won’t get one, so I’ll enjoy it even more just because of that.

1 Like

I am witness !
You won’t just find it so much more easier to play with.
And I suppose that while SH-01a fits the OT mk2 pretty good it is not a sufficient reason. Not like you had a thing for such considerations :wink:

3 Likes

Ironically, the very first Octatrack MKII ever sold - in the world - was reserved for me. It was all very considerate, they just assumed I wanted one and since I’m basically a neighbour, the first Octatrack that left the building had my name on it. Not that I had reserved one, but they figured - “If he’d want one, we’ll just make sure there’s one here for him.”

That, alone, made me consider getting one. But I resisted. I’m also ranting, since this thread is about the new A4.

But it was a good story and it deserved to be told.

That rig of yours, though. Looks mighty tempting. My Deluge’s eyeing me now, thinking “This notorious gear swapper, am I just his latest toy or will I be the one he finally settles down with?”

4 Likes

Hehe…

But yeah, when I woke up I was not 100%…
I had opened both “OT mk2” and “A4 mk2” threads and thought your message above was about OT mk2, totally confused.

Anyway. You’re right, resist as much as you can. :wink:
This poor Deluge doesn’t have the slightest chance, IMO :smile:

1 Like

On the contrary - the Deluge stands firm. In fact, if it’s facing any kind of threat, it’s against a super direct but minimalistic rig. An SH01A, potentially a TR-08 and an SE-02. I’d love to see a boutique sampler, in which case it would replace the TR-08, if there was one.

It’s kind of either or, here. Either a deep and complex one box environment for complete productions, which I now finally have after years of questing, and that fits the bill on the dot.

Or a small and focused micro rig with a few but dedicated pieces, that each on their own offers depth more in how you approach them, less in the amount of features.

It’s not so much what’s best, but rather how I approach these things. The old school pianist in me loves to sit down and play, see where it takes me. Hence the idea of the immediate and direct micro rig. One knob per feature, a keyboard as an interface to the technology. But the composer in me yearns for the complexity that a piece like the Deluge offers, when those more complex structures and harmonies emerge as a result of the playing.

So this is where the final battle stands right now. I know there are arguments for just using these all together, but as you know, I’m just not that guy. I really do believe in a small and focused rig, and the benefits for me of that will be better than those of a more complete and flexible production environment. It’s not a fad, it’s who I am.

1 Like

Woohoo, just got the shipping notification from Elektron, it should be here before the end of the week.

4 Likes

Seems the MK2 needs a couple OS tweaks.

Sound locks
Overly sensitive knobs
Screen glitches (not frequent, very random and intermittent)

Sound though? Amazing. Way better than the MK1. No placebo.

2 Likes

I’m anxious to hear it in person eventually.
So far the demos I’ve heard dont have me convinced it’s “way” better.
I want to believe, but then again I dont

Fair enough

Had a go at this for a few hours today. Wish I hadn’t. @djadonis206 says it like it is - this is a new beast all together.

2 Likes

7 Likes

The QPERF knob is fun, You can mute and unmute it. In and out.

2 Likes