Analog Four MKII out now!

Cuckoo’s vid is awesome :slight_smile:

Still, makes me love my og afour just as much :slight_smile:

All the new features look great :slight_smile:

If I had all the moneys I would buy the mkii’s for sure, but I have to be happy w/ my originals I think

2 Likes

Sounds OK but the design is ughhh. Black is timless

1 Like

Is its screen a better experience than OT MKII’s one?

Whats wrong with otmk2 screen?

Nothing is wrong with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

they could have add a different color for each Oled screen. Yellow for DT, Red for OT, Green for AR, White for A4… And bigger screen ^^

The officail demos are quite impressive.

They demonstrate very well what A4 MKII can do. Plus, because I have classical composition background, it’s comfortable to compose music with four voices- instead of one cord polyphony. I will definitely buy this tool to further cultivate potential of electronic music.

Can’t wait for OB basic (midi only) for my MK1’s

2 Likes

I was hoping the A42/AR2 would be the same dark grey color that the OT2 is, but it’s not that big of a deal to me.

My Sweetwater rep just told me it’s been pushed back to January :tunga:

Anyway…

From the demos so far the A4mkII does sound significantly better - great work Elektron! I’m curious if there will be any new features unveiled as time goes on.

You don’t always want a bassier sound -----A4 MK1 will still have a place —i reckon A4 MK1 is a future classic.
Liked the less bassier sound of A4 MK1 sometimes over my AK which has the same bass as A4 MK2 presumably ?

Oh no, january

Fuck. I just bought a MK2. My wife’s going to kill, kill, kill me. But that MK2 was what I was waiting for. Ugh.

Wednesday should arrive.

Perfect Circuit Audio in L.A. has them

3 Likes

Geez, man!
Gear is not more important than the health of your marriage!

6 Likes

that’s debatable :smile:

6 Likes

What good is gear if you’re dead? And then your wife goes to jail for murder, and then your wife’s brother or sister gets it- they don’t know what it is, they sell it to someone for $500

4 Likes

:joy: Good luck… the ideal is to have delivered to the neighbor, store in the cellar and introduce on time

@Ryan : do you watch a lot of tv show hahaha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I watch the only TV show worth watching. And by that I obviously mean: Fraiser

2 Likes

It’ll be all good. A synthesizer box won’t be the end of us. We’ve been together for over 30 years dating back to middle school.

But will she be pissed…ahhh, yea :see_no_evil:

@AdamJay you probably don’t remember. But we met you at the WMC in the Tronic room at the AM Only party back in like 2001, or 2 or 3.

I was stoked because Billy Nasty played a track I put out on red vinyl at that party. Got a good reaction if I recall…

5 Likes

I do remember. I think we talked about it on the Ableton forum. :slight_smile:

But yea, I gently recommend getting familiar with the idiom “death of a thousand cuts”. Congrats on 30+ years.

3 Likes