Analog Four MKII out now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytm_joYdzHU Analog Four MKII now shipping! Analog Four MKII is a four voice analog tabletop synthesizer. The sequencer gives total access to all aspects of the analog sounds and the four CV/Gate outputs mean external gear can be controlled as well. The analog circuitry of the Analog Four MKII has been thoroughly reworked and provides a deep, clear and defined bass plus a more prominent analog overdrive/distortion effect. Integrating the Analog Four MKII with external gear and computers is easy thanks to dedicated audio outputs for each voice, two expression/CV inputs, and high bandwidth Overbridge. The aluminium enclosure, the durable back-lit buttons, the big OLED screen, the high-res encoders and the dedicated quick performance controls are other notable enhancements. They make the workflow quicker and more efficient. The total Analog Four MKII package is very complete, and offers an experience as close to sublime you can get. [Visit Elektron.se to find out more, listen to sound examples and purchase yours](https://www.elektron.se/products/analog-four-mkii/)
12 Likes

This one is a beast :loopy:

20 Likes

That was the cheesiest video Elektron/Cenk have ever made. But, I LIKE cheese- so I think it’s great

1 Like

Nice. Congratulations on creating another killer machine! :slight_smile:

Do the pages visualise the parameters thanks to the bigger screen (like adsr on Digitakt) ?

Nope - but who knows what the future holds :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Would love to hear some side by side comparisons on patches between MKI & MKII.

Edit: seems @cuckoomusic has this covered. :thup:

2 Likes

Ahh, I’m so torn between a reduced MK1 or this.

On the one hand, £850 for an A4 is an absolute steal. One the other, this would look far nicer next to my Digitakt…

Then there’s the OT MK2 which I’ve purposefully avoided. Stop doing this to me, Elektron. :grimacing:

After having a quick check on manual I doubt there will be OS compatibility between MKI and MKII :slight_smile:

What makes you think that? Just curious…

?? you mean there is much more diffs than just added cv inputs and two macro knobs?

Mainly the UI :slight_smile: Hey, it was just a quick look, I may be wrong.

The UI is quite different to be sure, but most of the controls were already available before, just “hidden” under a key combo shortcut. Now stuff has more dedicated buttons.

MKI/MKII OS is not compatible, but they will be updated alongside each other.

It was such a joy to make demos for this; the sound improvements are vast!

11 Likes

Will you be branching out the A4 soundpacks in the future to differentiate between mk I & mk II versions?

Probably! The distortion is after all quite different, so it makes sense to make some specific sound packs that make use of it. However, @Dataline is the person to ask about this.

3 Likes

thanks for the clarification!

yes of course - there will be sound packs for the AFmkII.

3 Likes

I’m curious to know if the overall tone of the mk II is different than the tone of a mk I - IME the A4 mk I excels at stuff that you want to be “background” in the mix… If this aspect changes significantly, it could warrant getting two A4’s, one for each mk!

1 Like

From @cuckoomusic video it seems if you’re leaning on filter Q and drive a lot then they are fairly different tonally.

1 Like

The MKII is a lot bassier, and the highs are richer as well. There is more definition in the sound now. It works equally well in the back of a mix as in the front. Have a listen to the sound examples. :slight_smile:

Personally, I am blown away by the tone of the MKII - I am a sucker for details.

7 Likes