Analog Four/Keys OS 1.51: bug reports

I gave it a play on 1.51/a4mkI, and it was clicky as can be, so it’s not necessarily a firmware issue. I played around with it and removed the click. The problem was LFO 1 Depth. I found that if you reduce from 127 to 126, then increase back to 127 the click goes away (I’m not sure why?). I re-saved the sound with all the same settings, now it is click-free. Let me know if it works the same for you.

Peace-K
OSC LVL CLIXFRE.afsnd (614 Bytes)

1 Like

Thanks for confirming! Yea the click is only there with certain settings when any Osc Level (hence the file name) is modulated by LFO, Envs, MW etc. It can be removed easily but it’s a problem I keep coming across in general use (especially when using keytracked LFOs as Osc Lvl mod) so wanted to find a reliable way to reproduce it and report. Waiting to hear back from support, will let you know what they say :+1:

P-Locking PROB doesn’t make the trig blink.

LFO Fade does not retrigger when running in Free-Mode. This was the same and had been acknowledged and fixed for the Digitone some time ago…

Edit: Elektron say it’s working. I’ll have to check.
Edit 2: You can sequence it with parameter locks but not save LFO-T with the sound, hence not play it live.

1 Like

I assume this is an old bug, and its very minor. When setting up an external midi mod source (pitch bend, breath control, etc), there is a visualizer on the left side showing the latest value for a mod source. It works fine for breath control, mod wheel, but it does not change for pitch bend.

I mostly bring this up so maybe someone else finds this info in a search. I was trying to get my midi to work for hours (without actually triggering a sound), only to find out it worked the whole time but just didn’t visualize :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but when I power off the machine then on again (hours later), sounds are often out of place (one time I had what seemed like sounds from an adjacent project, another time it’s just my last tweaks that aren’t saved, LFO, etc). I have to save a kit for any pattern I make a modification in or it’s at risk. Maybe it’s just me misunderstanding kits.
Edit: can’t reproduce for now. Must have messed up a kit myself.

Did you report this to Elektron?

I did experience something similar yesterday, too. Changed Project. Play around. Power off. Power on after couple of hours. Kits from different project are displayed. Reload of Project returns to original saved state.

Will see if I can reproduce it again.

What troubles me most is that once I have to reload a project all changes done to kits, patterns in between will most likely be lost if I haven’t saved those to the project.

That’s exactly what happened. But as it was a long time since I used the A4, I dismissed it and thought that maybe I fucked up because I wasn’t familiar anymore with the Kits concept.

But, really, pretty sure it loaded the sounds of another project.

I did not report it.

There’s a bug with external midi that causes a freeze on note-on if I’m not completely wrong. Here’s what I do:

Scenario.

1. CV track is set to send Midi on channel 16 and playing the mini-keys the MB33 set to the same channel receives Midi perfectly fine.
  2. I hit FX once to switch to configure external audio input settings.
  3. CV track is lit dim red, FX is lit red.
  4. I play a note on the mini-keys
  5. Note-on is sent to the MB33 and apparently holds infinitely/freezes.
  6. I hit CV to return to CV track
  7. I play a note on the mini-keys and eventually after a short while a note-off is sent, but no note-on. This is not behaving consistently as far as how and when note-off is sent. Sometimes it works sometimes it freezes until hard-reset of the external device.

Workaround:
Always hit FX twice when working in a comparable scenario.

Expected behaviour:
External Midi being playable when switching to FX track in the same way as T1-T4 are playable when you hit FX once.

Final note:
I haven’t tested the same with external Midi sent through Track 1-4. I leave that to Elektron who are receiving the same description as a support request.

Edit: just got the confirmation from Elektron this is a known bug and shall be fixed sometime…

1 Like

think i found a bug with kit reload on change option on, os 1.51 (using one kit per bank)

if kit is saved with several track levels down, if you bring levels up, go to another bank and then go back to first bank the kit gets reloaded with track levels visibly down but levels are audible set as if you left the last bank state. bit of a headache for my current live thing.

edit: does not always happen on all tracks, and results vary between different banks (if i switch from A to B back to A bug happens, from A to C and back it doesn’t etc… voodoo magic)

edit2: updated to 1.51C, bug still persists. Bug currently only happens between bank A and B

1 Like

There is a confirmed bug on the Analog Rytm MK2 that when using a scale setting other than 1x, direct jump does not line up correctly. I’m curious if this issue also exists on the A4. Can anyone with an A4 who absolutely understands how direct jump is supposed to work (especially in a polymetric context) please confirm if this is or is not an issue?

Hi all, I got a serious bug on my A4 MK1 after uploading a sound pack.
Basically, I just uploaded a sound pack to my A4 via Transfer, and the sounds are loaded fine.
The problem now is that each time I press Function button+ any of the Reverb, Delay, Chorus, LFO buttons it shows the page OSC drifts, instead of showing the respective pages of Reverb, Delay etc,. So, I cannot edit those pages anymore.
I never had this issue before in 7 years that I own my A4.
I checked and the Function button on its own works when I want to use it to go to Global, to mute a track etc.
This bug looks very serious. I am on OS 1.51C.
Did anybody experience it? Do you know how to solve it?

Select the FX track to get access to FX parameters.

2 Likes

You’ve just forgotten how it works. Func is only used to access the red secondary locations. The grey ones (Chorus, Del, Rev, LFO) are for the FX track only, accessed without Func.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, guys! I was getting mad with it, A4 is my central gear brain, I do not know how could I mess up the workflow suddenly (though it’s been a personally hard month). Cheers, L.

2 Likes

BUG CONFIRMED BY SUPPORT, issue had been reported once before and they are hoping to fix it in the next update

Anyone else having this issue?

In the Control In 1(and 2) Mod Configuration page I can only have the incoming value set to Bipolar, Unipolar isn’t available as an option like it is in the Performance Macros where the Uni/Bi-Polar is toggled by pressing the level knob.

To Reproduce:

1. Press the Cog for Global settings, navigate to Control, then Control Input 1 and/or Control Input 2, set Mode to CV (not Expression).
  2. press kit
  3. select control in mod (1 and/or 2 I’m having the same problem in both)
  4. press the level knob and see if you can toggle the incoming value(left most meter like icon) from bipolar to unipolar or not.

I haven’t made a support ticket about this yet as they only seem to respond when theres a bug confirmation on Elektronauts anyway. Read on for my due diligence…

In the manual the diagram shows this screen in unipolar mode, and says “This modulation macro is configured the same way as a performance macro.” So I feel like it should be possible to choose either Bipolar or Unipolar.

When I press level knob in the menu the dialog pops up with the tickbox saying BIPOLAR but pressing again doesnt change it to Unipolar like it does in Performance Macro Configure. Seems like buggy behaviour to me.

!

I’ve been through the various menus about CV and Control Ins looking for the gotcha but haven’t had any luck.

Hey @LyingDalai , @avantronica or anyone else, can anyone confirm/deny the above posted bug report?

Hello! Anyone able to confirm/deny my buggy experience?

I know theres been a lot going on with e25 and the rytm update but life goes on.

Doesn’t seem anyone is in the mood for confirming the issue you’re describing at the moment. Did you, in the meantime, report this officially to Elektron?

I have just created a support ticket. You seem to be very experienced with the A4 Mk2 @B_LD, have you experimented with the Control Inputs?