Analog Four/Keys OS 1.51: bug reports

Firmware:

Manual:

Remember to back up before upgrading and even load a new empty project to avoid any damage to your current project.
And avoid upgrading before a gig. :tongue:

You encountered something wrong in this OS and want to check if others can replicate it ?
Here is the place.

Doesn’t replace a support ticket, of course, but you might want to check if it’s not a feature before declaring a bug :wink:

Please report all bugs via the Support Tickets section on elektron.se if they have not already been confirmed below.

1 Like

I have found a very very weird bug

If I pattern change from the Song Mode to a new pattern, the notes in the new pattern with Note Slide aren’t played at all.

I have tried many different things because I didn’t understand why my notes weren’t playing.
I’ve found out this is due to Note Slide and Pattern Change (only from Song Mode) all together.

Filter 2: with the filter fully open, the 2-pole low/hi pass modes are quite a bit louder than the 1-pole low/hi pass modes. Has it always been this way or is this a recent thing?

Is the resonance set to 25 (the most transparent setting)?

Filter 2’s default res is 12, but yes i’m using the AK’s ‘init’ sound with velocity set to ‘off’

Here’s an audio snippet, toggling between 1-pole and 2-pole (louder):

I updated to 1.5.1 yesterday, and since then, with A4 sending clock+transpart+pc to AR, both machines have fully locked every time I hit STOP on the A4 ONLY when running in Turbo with A4 midi out -> AR midi In and AR midi Out -> A4 midi in.

Will raise a ticket now, as it is incredibly reproducible (i.e. every time) you’d think a test matrix for any release would include this rather basic set up

EDIT: I can see the tempo light on theAR going CRAZEEEE

EDIT2: Since turning OFF recv note and recv CC on the AR things seem ok again.

im finding the AF sluggish to respond to input like entering a name pressing the arrows takes a second to respond, and general sluggishness responding to pressing the buttons

I have a patch in my A4mk1, called Snare +RND, that comes from one of the official free sound packs, that, as destination 3, 4 and 5 for the velocity, has “Osc1 Coarse Tune”.

The strange thing is that I can’t find this option in the destinations list, nor in the A4, nor in Overbridge.

I updated my A4 mk1 to OS 1.5.1
I’ve been sequencing a Tetra by midi from de CV track using channel 6 on both devices. If I switch to the FX channel and hit any note on the A4’s mini keyboard, I get a stuck midi note on the Tetra. Is this a known bug?

Track with active arp can’t be muted on active playback. Same thing with any note when length set to inf.
Reproducible on factory kit:02 starlight with arp on t1.
Steps to reproduce:

• load factory project presets
  • load starlight by pressing a + trig 2
  • hit play
  • hit func+t1, func+t2, func+t3, func+t4 to mute all tracks
  • t1 will not be muted
  • press any key on keyboard, for example c1, after this t1 will be muted.
    Expectations: muting track mutes all sounds triggered by trigs, including arp and infinite notes.

As you’re talking about Arp, I guess you’re talking about the Digitone.
When it comes to muting, two behavior can be implemented: muting the sound at the end of the signal path, or muting the trig that start new sounds.
On the Octatrack, muted are the first kind, which break FX tails unfortunately.
On the Digi series, it’s the second kind, so you have to take care of the note length and sustain to get it the way you want.
This is not a bug.

Not the A4’s arp?

1 Like

On the A4 it’s also the second kind (trig muting).

Muting a track on the A4 suppresses new trigs on that sequencer track to be executed. Any note which got triggered before and is still sounding will continue to sound. You also can still trigger new notes manually.

It’s all explained in the manual: 9.15 track muting

So “no”, not a bug.

My bad, I was on my phone and thought I was on the DT/DN beta thread for some reason. Weird.

1 Like

I have both A4MK2 and Digitone, so before report I checked behaviour with arp on both devices, and after that considered situation with arp on A4 as bug, because behaviour is different.
I didn’t check behaviour with single infinite note on digitone, so now i did it and behaviour with infinite single note is the same - mute does not work on both devices. I think it’s logically correct, just simply not so intuitive for me.
But arp behaviour expected to be consistent across both devices.
Current behaviour of Arp:
A4 - mute doesn’t work
Digitone - mute works with arp, it doesn’t play after mute.

Clever me just update my A4 before the gig. Every time is I load a kit, the pattern a missing. I try everything out. Nothing helps🤯. Does anyone know any solution ?

It’s very hard to understand your problem, really.
Save your current project as new, reload the previous one, maybe.
And please try to take the time to clearly explain your problem.

1 Like

You got the answer already in another thread: just loading a kit doesn’t load a pattern. The pattern has a kit assigned - not the other way around.

So you’ll need to load a pattern first and then change the kit assigned to it (if that’s what you want).

1 Like

Check this thread : it’s for MM but applies the same to A4 structure.

Re-read the manual or look for information on this forum about the parts that talk about Kits and Patterns: you don’t have a clear comprehension of what they are.
In a nutshell

• Kits: gathers all the information about Sounds and FX, to be saved manually, can be shared accross several patterns
  • Pattern: all the information about the sequencer (trigs, plocks), automatically saved, linked to one and only one Kit

This has been happening since 1.50, it didn’t happen in previous versions. I suspect it’s because of the midi forwarding they introduced. I submitted a bug report in the 1.50A thread but I can’t remember if I submitted a ticket to Elektron or not.

1 Like