Analog Four/Keys OS 1.50A: bug reports

Ah, ok. I thought it must’ve been brought up at some point.

mine A4 surely messes up the polyphony and the lfo.

Bug, Analog Keys: On the CV track when I try to access the CV settings of the „B“ slot it brings me to the „A“ slot when pressing shift+button.
I can only access the settings by going to the „A“ slot and then pressing the button for CV „B“ without pressing shift (already in the secondary function submenu)

1 Like

it’s not a bug, but it absolutely bugs me too (frequently), it’s been that way since the beginning - it’s very annoying as a user interface - you’re only meant to use fn+ once but it’s counter intuitive - i’d be interested to hear what they say if you report

1 Like

can someone confirm that trigless trigs won‘t affect anything when holding down notes either with the mini keys or anything like a midi keyboard controlling the voices externally!?

i just want to play poly chords but having the track(s) modulating just some parameter changes…not to complicated I guess.

someone? :cowboy_hat_face:

it’s not supposed to work, so is not considered a bug.
but there are some interesting workarounds…

So I’m using the CV and FX tracks on my AK to play and sequence external synths and if I hold a note on one of those tracks then change track the note latches until I return to the midi track and press the key again. However, the latching will return if I play another note and the only way to stop it is to press stop twice to end all midi note messages. This didn’t happen in 1.40 so I’m assuming it’s a result of the midi forwarding introduced in 1.50. Is anyone else able to replicate this and is there a way to turn off this midi forwarding if that’s what’s causing it?

TLDR midi notes getting stuck when changing tracks.

Anyone else see the bars:beats in the upper right of the Edit Song Mode screen exhibit major swing while playing back a song? I don’t think I have any global swing set anywhere. And playback is (thankfully) rock steady. I just thought it odd.

This is old, so you probably figured it out. But if you’re in Song Mode Edit, the Song Mode button actually has two shades of blue: light and dark. You can toggle between them by pressing the Song Mode button again.

When dark blue, everything works as expected. But when light blue, song mode is disabled and playback won’t move to the next line.

2 Likes

Helpful thanks

Here’s a video of some errant knob behavior interrupting my ability to map a mod destination on the Modwheel page:

This sort of behavior has been present on a few different screens (macro mappings as well as occasional jittering of perf macros on the macros page).

Have you checked in test mode? Could be a faulty encoder

1 Like

This doesn’t look like a bug, but a hardware problem (my A4 doesn’t behave like this and I haven’t seen any similar reports here).

I would contact Elektron support.

1 Like

In test mode, there’s occasionally a single additional step that occurs following releasing a knob, but not constant shifting as seen in the first/ destination mapping clip:

Ah ok, hmm.

The reason I thought it was a software issue is the fact that this errant behavior isn’t present on all screens.

Trig preview doesn’t appear to be working on midi tracks anymore. Unless I’m mistaken and that was never a feature but I seem to remember using it.

Anyone still having the mk2 boot freeze on OS 1.5a?

I just got delivery of up a 2nd hand A4 mk2 and it kept freezing on boot. Turns out its on OS 1.5 n i then read about the issue on the forum.

Im gonna update the OS when i get home and hope for the best. Self test is all Ok.

No problems since I upgraded to 1.50a. :+1:

1 Like

thanks, great to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes when I press fx I have to press it twice to select the track properly,
Last time it was selecting first press? I can’t understand why it’s doing this sometimes

This is normal, and has been like that for quite some time I believe.
With the first press, you can edit the FX parameters, but still play the previously selected track (3 in your case). Only with the second press you select the FX track exclusively.

4 Likes