Analog Four/Keys OS 1.50: bug reports

I upgraded, and have this minor irritation on rapid power cycling. However, the upgrade has added so much new pleasure and power to the A4mkii that I could only recommend it despite the minor bug.

3 Likes

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled. With the old OS, in the step sequencer I could just change notes while holding down trig, and note key, easy enough. With the new OS, when I try this, I am adding notes to the ARP page. Well yes, plockable ARP notes is a feature I wished for, but changing notes is much more basic functionality it was so straightforward before…
I realize that if I press note key first, then press trig, I can add a note trig to a specific trig, but it only seems to work if I don’t have a note on that trig… Which does not seem very easy way to just step sequence notes on the fly, also if I have to remove note to add different note I would lose parameter locks.
All in all, I just cannot figure out how to change a note on a specific trig quickly while keeping plocks intact.
Am I missing something?

Thanks!!
Zsolt

up

I just tested and It works like normal for me,
hold a trig + press note enters the note, if I add multiple notes (chord) on a step
it adds the notes in arp section as it always did.

1 Like

yep - nothing has changed - working fine

it’s always been hold trig first and press a note

pressing the note first only changes the position of the track’s ‘new’ default note entry value if you subsequently tap an empty trig

1 Like

Thanks, I confirm, after a device restart it is working fine now, so cannot reproduce now. Hopefully I stays this way :slight_smile:

Same here, very annoying, never happened before. After 3-4 power ups it usually ok.

This is now happening to me. Post-update (done on the day of release), I had the “dim lights for a few seconds” before power up completed. Now twice today, the A4 MKII powers to the logo and the firmware version and just freezes. Powering it off for a minute then back on seems to remedy it but it’s still worrisome nonetheless. Hopefully it’s something that the devs can reproduce and remedy.

Sorry to hear some of you are still experiencing this. Fortunately I seem to be OK after the initial lockup, though it seems something is not right so let’s hope the devs are able to nail it down and we get another update to correct whatever the issue may be.

A firmware update which fixes this problem (and others) is already in beta testing. It shouldn’t take long until it gets released.

7 Likes

Hi! I recently updated my mk1 and was trying to back up my files. I powered off and back on and now it just gets stuck on the elektron logo at start up.

Check the discussion above :slight_smile: it’s a well known issue.
Elektron is working on it and we should get a fix very soon

2 Likes

thanks for the response. I was looking at that, seems like there must be an easier fix. i should also mention it was not recognized as a usb device in transfer after this happened.

1 Like

I’d return the unit, and ask for a new in the box replacement (so you don’t just get someone else’s returned unit). The first AR2 (grey) that I bought had the boot issue. I returned it and the 2nd unit I received has been solid.

In this case this wouldn’t change anything, because it is a confirmed firmware bug on the A4 MK2 with a new firmware version coming in the next few days.

4 Likes

I’ve had it for 6 months and it operated flawlessly until the update. Even then, it only exhibited the behaviour twice after a few weeks.

Elektron knows about it and there’s a fix coming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gotcha. I didn’t realize you had it that long.

Fix for the not-booting-up-issue in new firmware! :slight_smile:

https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Analog-Four_MKII_OS1.50A_readme.html

2 Likes
1 Like