Analog Four/Keys OS 1.40A: bug reports

:smile:
@Brandski So your A4 is MKI with 1.40A?

On my A4 MK1, Tested Right Now, Works fine. 1.40A

LFO Depth and ENV

1 Like

Ok thanks so I have to find a moment to upgrade from 1.40!

1 Like

Yes that is correct ! I installed the last firmware 1.40A

Hi guys, A4 mk1 user here. I found out a bug, perhaps. When I copy a sound from a track and paste it into a track of a different pattern, the level of chorus, delay and reverb regulates the track volume. I need to have at least one of the three effects not at 0 level to hear the sound. I downgraded to 1.40 and 1.35 and the strange behavior remained. I reported it to Elektron support. Any of you have experienced the same?

How is your voice routing? (Global > Voice routing)
Is track Level at 100?

1 Like

try the Depth B param of each page, not Depth A.
only the B param has the missing 3rd character here (-128 shows as -12)

4 Likes

hmm… maybe it’s always been this way?
for the 3rd number (8 here) to be shown, all 4 characters (–, 1, 2 & 8) need to shift 2 pixels to the left to be able to fit within the screen’s boundaries.

I was testing it with all the two ENV and LFO, but let me try it again…maybe i was not Right

Hey everyone, Overbridge has recently become really stable for me (running Mojave; 2018 MBP) on my AR MKII and Digitone, but I still get a ‘Fault’ nearly every time I boot up my A4 MKII (1.40A) connected to OB (2.0.30). I’ll get my A4 MKII up and running (when all other machines are unplugged) for a few minutes, then the unit’s onboard UI will freeze and I’ll get a fault error. It seems to happen more frequently when the AR/DN are also being hosted. From what I understand this has been known to happen when booting without USB and subsequently connecting, due to a ground loop, but this hasn’t been the issue for me from what I can tell. Another strange detail- I seem to get two Overbridge icons in my toolbar when this error starts to go down. This has happened to me across firmware versions and OB versioning. Anyone with a similar experience or know of any threads detailing this? Thanks!

I’m not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight in the new midi functionality, but on the AK when i play midi on the CV or FX tracks the lights only display monophonically, both when live playing the keys or running a sequence. If a chord is programmed on either of these tracks the only way to visually see it is by holding down the corresponding step. This is not an issue when playing or sequencing midi on tracks 1-4.

I assume the reason for this is because prior to 1.40 the CV and FX tracks could only output mono notes via CV, but now that they can play 4 notes midi polyphony the LEDs appear to not have been updated to accomodate this. So, if it’s not a bug, put this down as a feature request? Also, it would be nice if the lights would show when playing in EXT midi mode.

2 Likes

Just tested, YEAH you are right. The last Nr in - is missing

2 Likes

uhm just updated started new project , anyone has problems with the effects?

cause I have effects send set off and still effects seems to bleed thru even when no effects are used on tracks or fx track it only stops when I put the reverb chorus delay volume at zero on fx track it should not bleed also with midi send some notes keep hanging and such is this bug? it really makes the use of the analogkeys analog four pretty awfull for live situations or studio work for that matter.
getting frustrated here

1 Like

Perf macro, plocks, soundlocks ?
Did you try with a cleared kit?

yup no macro no plocks or soundlocks just new project and new kit

I have noticed since the update on my Mk1 that when I load a fresh kit my ext in will sound when the volume is set to 0.

I have also been getting periodic outbursts when switching patterns. It sounds like all 4 tracks playing at once for one step, really loudly - no midi coming in and no usb connected.

Couldn’t find any other reports of such behaviours tho?

So as a general overall view kind of thing - is OS 1.40a stable with minimal bugs for use with A4 Mk1?

has this been mentioned?

if i use func+rez and turn positive to increase the amount i would expect it to jump 50% @ a time but instead it flattens the rez to zero

that is not normal surely? at least the flattening to zero part?

also i have a green led on #2, sometimes it is there on start up, sometimes it is there after use - extremely inconsistent

new patts: new project, no p- locks whatever - anyone else or HW issue?

Anyone else has issues with parameters not being saved? I hit “save project” and “save kit” as much as I can, and I still have parameters reinitialized on boot… Weird? Not a long time owner of the A4 (mk2 1.40A), maybe missing something?

some data is also saved within the pattern.

are you sure you completely understood the quite complex data structure of the a4?

so for example if you use a kit on multiple patterns and tweak it, without knowing, that the kit is also linked to another pattern and stuff like that…?

if you think you did save everything correct, then you could provide more info about what exactly you do, so others (like me) can try to replicate it on our a4s…

1 Like