Analog Four/Keys OS 1.40A: bug reports

I probably did not fully inderstand the memory structure, then.
Let me RTFM a little bit more :slight_smile: & also thanks for the video, I learn better this way!

1 Like

Conditional trigs not working correct in 3/4 timeā€¦
Works correctly on digitakt

Iā€™m not sure if this is related to your issue of poly dropping voices, but Iā€™m encountering a thing where track 1 goes quiet for some reason (and sometimes track 2 although I havenā€™t verified this). Itā€™s unresponsive to sequenced notes, using the onboard keyboard, and using external midi to trigger. Iā€™ve checked all levels and such and thatā€™s not the problem, and this seems to happen intermittently - I havenā€™t verified a 100% reliable pattern. When I change the kit it usually fixes this issue. Itā€™s not that the circuitry for a voice has gone out as if I switch to a different track that does sound I can get 4 note poly.

I have an issue with mkii that sending effects to an external instrument as a performance and as a control input modulation ( expression pedal ) Is not reliable at all.

For example i have connected the A4 to DT input and trying to send the reverb i get mixed results. sometimes it works sometimes not , sometimes works but doesnt sound the same.

If someone can confirm its a bug or am i missing something here.

Thanks!

Could you explain more clearly what is your issue?
Is your gear midi connected ?
You can send unexpected midi messages from A4ā€¦

Ok ā€¦ There are midi connected and audio connected.

I have A4 as a master controller to change the patterns of the DT.
And at some pattern i want to use the A4 reverb with an expression pedal. but i get mixed results.

Is that clear?

Nope. :content:
Please detail what are the steps to reproduce your issue, what is your goal, what is not working.

What is the destination parameter?

What do you mean by that ?

I can only guess whatā€™s your problem, but when using the A4 effects on external signals you need to set at least some internal trigs on the pattern of the A4.

Without any internal trigs on the pattern the FX section of the A4 may not activate. So the A4 cannot be used just as FX device for external audio without any internal sound generation going on.

Sorry - that was wrong (my memory is ā€œbuggyā€ sometimes).

Thank you! i will try it againā€¦ but that was what i was trying to do.

Wellā€¦ i am trying to use A4 reverb in a DT pattern
Steps: In the Kit menu

1. control input modulation is A4 reverb parameters (which i control with a sustain pedal )
  2. by hooking the cables from the A4 outputs to DT inputs means that everytime i press the pedal DT will get the reverb

Mixed results means that it doesnt sound the same to a specific pattern with a specific sustain pressure

1 Like

If i try to do the same thing with a different way, by using quick performance, again its problematic and sometimes not audible at all.

Can anyone give it a try? Is it just me ?

It is probably what @sezare56 said about the unwanted midi messages being sent. If your DT is midi connected to A4, and you are turning knobs on the dt, itā€™s possible that those knobs are sending midi information to the A4 fx parameters. Can you try turning the encoder destination on the DT to internal only? Does it happen if they are not midi connected?

1 Like

I seeā€¦ Encoder destination is to internal only on the DT .

But what about the quick performance alternative. which isnā€™t DT related.

So i guess its something wrong on the midi part of the setup? but more complicated

I may have found a bug on the A4 MKII, 1.40A.

The delay effect sends both the dry and wet signals to its reverb send, rather than just the wet signal.

Are you sure you are sending nothing from the tracks to the reverb? Maybe the track(s) reverb send(s) gets modulated via performances or lfos?

Yeah. I just tried again with a fresh pattern and a cleared kit and confirmed that there were no performance macros and that the envelope and LFO depth values were all zero, and itā€™s still occurring.

1 Like

It was my understanding that the fx are not ā€œwet onlyā€ - as I sadly discovered when I wanted to use them for aux sends from my mixer. This would make sense then that the delay output going to the reverb would also contain some dry signal no?

I might be missing/forgetting something about how this works please lmk if I have a misunderstanding

have you made sure the Delayā€™s volume is turned off?

[edit] ok i see what you mean. never noticed it before.

Itā€™s happening for you too? Thatā€™s sort of a relief! Iā€™m not nuts.

iā€™m guessing thatā€™s the way itā€™s always been. iā€™d be surprised if it was a bug.