Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

I don’t think that will ever happe…

:speak_no_evil:

Feature-request@elektron.se :wink:

Forget CC sequencing you mean?
It will be hard to sell A4/AK/AR as a midi sequencer with the actual limitations (especially AR, choke groups, note range…)

I’ve said certain things won’t happen before and look where we are now.

1 Like

Thanks Elektron for making us waiting 5 years these basic features…

Thanks Akai and Roland for making machine with MIDI to make Elektron implement these basic features.

3 Likes

Yeah earth was flat before! :content:
tenor

4 Likes

Then God added LFOs.

9 Likes

Hey troops. This update is Amazebobs!!

I am sequencing my P12 via AK tracks - cool no problem.

Just curious why sequenced notes are transposed from notes i am actually playing? Something basic right?

Soz, if covered previously , cant see it.

1 Like

AK? Check is transpose is activated…

Same. I would love to update both of my mk1s but am staying on OB 1.15 as it’s the only OB compatible with my OSX version. I know too well not to update OSX unless absolutely essential!

Patience is a virtue, but not always easy! I would love the dual osc on AR too but a stable system is more important :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pattern tempo + direct jump is just so…:man_dancing:

4 Likes

cheers man - i will check this tonight. , I think i might have had the transpose button lit - not sure though, so i guess i just switch the TRK KEY SCALE to off this will fix it. ta for the advice :slight_smile:

Just for my restless mind, I’m now capable of sequencing my Blofeld over usb with a dedicated usb-b to usb-b cable?
Or is this usb port on the ar/a4 just for audio transfer and other datastreams?
I’m not an overbridge user, maybe in the future when they add some kind of standalone-editor…

Elektron devices would still need some USB host.

Have you tried an Iconnectivity device to link the two together?

1 Like

Thank you!

BTW I just discovered that I have now the ability to set the tempo per pattern… wow :+1:

3 Likes

Hello…!
Is there a way to use A4 mkii cv-channel to sequence more than one digitakt channels?
Example: i make drums with a4 and want to use two different snare-samples from digitakt.

Thanks. (: i love this new update.

Right, so I’ve downloaded this now and connected it to my Rev2. A4 sequences the Rev2, Rev2 goes into the A4’s input for fx and mini mixing. They blend really well together soundwise, too.

Between the A4MKI and the Rev2, I don’t think I can take more synth. Record this shit into the Blackbox, add some textures and maybe even a loop or two, then master through the Analog Heat straight into computah thanks to that 1.2 update on the Heat.

Only thing I don’t like about this is that I’m out of excuses now. My sheer lack of skill and talent are on display like never before. Good thing I’m ignorant about the abscence of both, and as a consequence, love this setup.

17 Likes

I don’t know the DT architecture, but you can only transmit notes on one MIDI channel per track - if you want to work with two channels then sequence with the FX track too, using a different MIDI channel

1 Like

You can theoretically trigger 4 DT tracks per step with an A4 track. 8 with 2 tracks.

Of the 128 notes in the standard MIDI range, Note numbers 0–8 correspond to notes C0 through to G0, the leftmost octave (which is sometimes called C-2–G-2 in certain applications). These notes will trigger the sound of track 1 through track 8, respectively (provided they are set to their default channels 1-8). These notes values map to each of the eight tracks, regardless of which track is active.

1 Like

You can use different notes on the AF MkII’s CV track (as @sezare56 wrote above)

OR

If you set the two Digitakt tracks to use the same MIDI channel number (in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > CHANNELS menu), then you can use the AF MkII’s CV track (with the MIDI channel number set appropriately) to chromatically trigger both snare samples simultaneously.

2 Likes

I really think they should make clear in the news, thread name, any pages linked etc, that this is for Analog Keys too. I was definitely confused since it’s not mentioned in most of the spots.

I went to the actual support -> analog keys area to see it and even questioned that.

2 Likes