Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

They do turn off now

1 Like

Next update: better grapgics in ar mk2 compressor. Iā€™m always wanting more

3 Likes

Basically seem to have some level of MPE midi working. Per note expression. Paired with my K-Board Pro 4, it is very expressive since itā€™s keys have more advanced sensor technology than an Analog Keys. This opens up a huge amount of potential to me.

Only downsides are that it doesnā€™t steal a 5th note away from the first or something to that effectā€¦ so I need to remove a finger from the keyboard if I have 4 down in order to play another new note. Another mild inconvenience is that I need to design the patch with one note playing and continually release and re-trig a note in order to preview the changes that I make on the modulation pagesā€¦ and then I have to copy over the sound to the other tracks to play it in full 4 voice polyphony. But once itā€™s set up, it sounds truly amazing!

So, a bit cumbersome at this pointā€¦ but shows a ton of potential. I am able to record this all in 1 track in Bitwig.

To my knowledge, controlling the A4 externally in this way was previously not possible with either MIDI or USB, but someone please feel free to correct me if you know Iā€™m wrong about that.

Great update,
one thing is still missing - setting to have advanced pattern length set by default :wink: last most annoying thing on every Elektron device.

3 Likes

If you use the FX track to Midi (or CV) sequence the external device there will be no Doubling). Same with CV track

3 Likes

What a cool surprise this is. Iā€™m so glad I got a Analog Keys a couple of months ago! What a great versatile live synth this isā€¦ and now itā€™s even better! Itā€™s so nice to know itā€™s still supported! Great job, congrats!

1 Like

Are you sure ? Iā€™ve never seen it, Iā€™ve seen the digitakt and digitone turn off many times.
And they are all left the same amount of time,

Iā€™m happy to wrong though if true.

Thank you Automatt. Itā€™s now working on a new project with K-2 and TB 03 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I am sure, saw this a few times yesterday
When they just came out, there was no screen protection. Mine had 128 burned into it, i play at 128bpm regularly, but had a repair
Later the screens dimmed, already good
Now the screen turns off (black).

2 Likes

mine go blank after an hour, I assumed this was new

2 Likes

happy days then!

1 Like

thats great then! Im always worried about accidently leaving them on and burning the screen

1 Like

From 1.35/1.45 the display was dimmed after a couple of minutes. From this update 1.40/1.50 the display turns off after an hour

4 Likes

Oh. Mk2 that isā€¦

1 Like

i cant see that in the notes, i belive everyone because a few have said it does,
but im just going to test it for myself on my own one now to put put my mind at ease

1 Like

But a track level of zero still uses an internal voice ? i think. So when using a track to play a 3 notes chord with midi, it also consumes 3 internal voices , is that right ?

only if polyphony config allowed it

The MIDI feature is not a machine, which would be great to protect a voice on a MIDI track and free it for poly elsewhere

You will only lose a single voice even if you use 4 notes of MIDI - but only if no poly on that track

3 Likes

Still missing: Adjusting the brigthness of the LEDs. Would be awesome. I like low lights.

4 Likes

One aspect which is presently a pity, say for example you were prepared to give up your open Hi-Hat track in favour of using longer p-locked decay on the closed Hi-Hat track

So if you disable the Machine the trigs on the OH track will still take priority over the lesser track even though no sound will be produced internally, this will mute the CH

Things arenā€™t much better if you reverse roles, give CH a Disabled Machine and OH a CH engine and the Tr10 hats will take priority, however, they will be cut short if any trigs happen on the next Trig of the underlying track

So making an exploit of the simplified midi functionality isnā€™t that trivial - it would be good if the Disabled machines were more invisible in terms of track choking

Nonetheless, midi on both tracks will not be choked irrespective of either voice configuration, but the possibility to MIDI exploit the 4 ā€˜spareā€™ choked tracks is diminished - something that can perhaps be reviewed !

On the plus side, If you give up one whole shared voice track pair, then you do get two independent MIDI tracks (each limited to 49 midi notes, mono, with no retrig)

Longer term, a MIDI machine with 4 notes would be nice, especially if it was resolving these voice choking issues and freed up a greater range of notes somehow, perhaps via a simple transpose

4 Likes

thanks this answered a lot of AR MIDI out questions in one

1 Like