Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

Multi Loopback! :stuck_out_tongue:
Audio loopback is doable, but be careful of feedback is you use it with track audio inputs!

2 Likes

Love this, thank you Elektron
BPM per pattern :heart_eyes:
Track selects by pressing pad :star_struck:
Just upgraded to Catalina last night (ha) but will try via sysex librarian.

:scream: nooooooooooooo
Denied :sob:

On the bright side. Now I can sell my AK 1.40 for a few more clams than it was worth yesterday :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Another question on another thread just made me realise that with the ARmkii now sending midi, with a midi to cv converter the AR can be used to trigger modular without sacrificing a track to the ā€œpulse out machineā€ scenario. So you can trigger events from within the device tracks, send the event to modular and send the modular back in control the ARmkiiā€¦yipā€¦

1 Like

Scale per track and tempo per pattern! At last!

You glorious bastards, I love you. Maybe I will buy a new DN after all haha.

Thanks so much for the updates. Much needed.

Actually considered parting ways with the AR and A4 earlier this month.

Safe to say they are both staying for the foreseeable futureā€¦

Now back to the lab !

2 Likes

Led Zeppelin did that with Stairway To Heaven.
Forced me to buy 4 successive albums when they could have just released Mothership up front. Iā€™ll never forgive Jimmy Page.

20 Likes

Smooth parameters! Fixed everything I was hoping for and added midi out as bonus!
Was surprised when bought it it didnā€™t have midi out.
Analog Rytm feels like itā€™s fixed and how it should be and better the digitakt now again

1 Like

Those are lies! Damned lies!

1 Like

Haha, well it cost a lot more than the digitakt
so should have the same features at least or more

Been playing with my AR mk ii for 7 hours straight, no freeze yet! thatā€™s all that matters to me :heart:

6 Likes

Iā€™m very surprised that nobody is talking about external polyphonic expression on the A4 here. I think that may be the most exciting upgrade I have found on the A4 MK2 (and MK1?) thus far. Even more worthy of note to me than MIDI out and per track scalingā€¦ which are amazing!

I just plugged my KMI K-Board Pro and Qunexus into my MacBook Pro and tested both devices with Bitwig 3 - with MIDI sent via Overbridge, and MPE enabled on the A4 plugin.

This allowed me to play each track of the A4 with per note expressionā€¦ each key individually modulating the velocity, the pitchbend (left and right), the pressure (up and down), modulating the filter to open up and the amp level to increase from 0 up. I also had the timbre (front to back) affecting the LFO speed and PWM amount. Then I mapped the expression pedal to modulate the reverb decay time and mix.

So many routing possibilities I havenā€™t even touched yet. This was just the first test. Built from an initialization preset, this instantly produced a natural and expressive soft horn sound. The A4ā€™s reverb of course tied it all together excellently.

I suppose that this sort of setup may also work on the RYTM MK2 and the MKIā€™s as well, but I wouldnā€™t knowā€¦ because I sold my RYTM MK1, and my RYTM MK2 is currently away for repair. I look forward to testing when it gets back home since DVCO polyphonic aftertouch/MPE madness is certainly due for experimentation there.

There were only a couples downsides to this setup that I could find. I had to shift all the MIDI channels up by one, or else I could only have control of three tracks at a time. But this may be normal. Elektron mentioned in their notes that itā€™s working via channel 1, but Iā€™m not sure what that means exactly.

Also, no matter what - I was unable to have a fifth added note steal away the first pressed key, which actually seemed rather unnatural. Iā€™m not sure how the Analog Keys worksā€¦ I would assume that any note pressed beyond the 4th one would steal the voice away from the 1st pressed note, no? Would appreciate it greatly if this could be tweaked by Elektron.

Either way, thanks Elektron for this massive update!!

10 Likes

I own neither of these products, but still wanted to give a big thumbs up to Elektron for delivering. Rolling out unexpected updates for your products to ensure users are happy, even years after theyā€™re released, good on you Elektron!

So there may be hope for future Machinedrum updates. BPM per pattern? :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry if this has been answered already, but just cannot read through +400 posts currentlyā€¦ With Rytm midi sequencing - can you select midi out per single drum pad or is it all or nothing? (To mix and match Rytm & Nord Drum voices for example)

Yeah you can switch midi on or off for each track
and you could already assign midi channel to each track

3 Likes

Amazing update!
But one thing I feel was missing is screen turning off after an hour.
Iā€™m always paranoid about leaving them on and damaging the screen,
I know the digi series do but the analog need it as well.

Think this is important and may have been overlooked?

Edit: just tested and it does switch off not sure which version it was introduced

4 Likes

Iā€™m expression pedaling my gratitude to your general direction, mister!

1 Like

could u imagine :drooling_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi ! I donā€™t understand how it work (without expression pedal maybe)
What this upgrade ?
Whatā€™s the difference before the upgrade ?
Thank :stuck_out_tongue:

haha 426 messages :slight_smile: thanks Elektron !