Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

It’s good that we have the choice to turn the function on or not :+1:t3:

OH
i thought you had somehow sent different note cc’s to each oscillator and sub osc on the A4 giving you some crazy polyphony.
using loopback or something or a midi processor.
im about to do with a ipad what you are doing with your qy100
the qy100 always looked like a neat DT companion/bus seat composer to me

two things now that make things so much easier for me:

• save the tempo per pattern (until now I’ve saved a bpm note in my kit name and then on the mk1 there’s not much display left to view anything else)

• change track by pressing the pad (when playing another synth at the same time it was almost impossible to change to let’s say the clap track with one hand…)

THANK YOU ELEKTRON for listening to your community!

1 Like

Pardon!?
CopperCab-DEAR-APPLE

1 Like

24 voices for A4! :smile: would have been great!
Just for midi.
Btw with a midi processor I could use A4 as a 4x2 paraphonic synth, controlling the 2 osc’s voice individually. Possible, complicated, not fully satisfied. A 2nd A4?

Qy100 doesn’t seem as fun as DT!
64 voices poly.
Painted black for Dark Elektron tribe.

5 Likes

Damn, I should have expected this thread would blow up.

Actually thinking about saving up for an Analog Four MkII now instead of the other hardware synths I’ve been considering. Compared to the others this one has the most full featured sequencer, plus it can sequence my MS-20 Mini without additional hardware. Granted, any sequence track used on the MS-20 will be doubled by internal A4 voice if I read the earlier posts correctly, but I can live with that. I don’t care about analog vs. digital - the sequencer via both CV and MIDI outs is the main selling point for me, although I’ve never had complaints about the internal synth engine.

You’re doing it correctly

1 Like

Interesting, but you barely touched the AR! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jings!! 392 posts already… and rightly so! I seem to have had limited time of late for muso adventures but had been idly considering a TR-8s for easier hands-on jamming. These updates do little to close the gap for the AR in that respect but nevertheless those ideas have been kicked into touch and I’m mad keen for some time to dig into this…

A4 Performance out can be assigned to one of the same MIDI out tracks, and if the recieving device has configurable midi cc you can assign the performance knobs to control parameters of the external synth…its not just notes when used this way…

Some CCs already line up. Emu XL1 for example you can control the cuttoff and resonance with performance 5 and 6 without editing a thing…nice

Cant record parameter locks to performance but can control live…And if the A4 chanel is set to arp, then the recieving device plays the programmed chord while the A4 arpegiates a matcing melody on top…:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Very happy about the graphic improvements :smiley:

For the eye of detail, compare the A4/ARmk2 with the Digitone and if you look at the FX/Overdrive symbols it could be more coherent to keep the Elektron oled graphics to the same design principle.
However, it looks like the bottom 2 bars of Track Level and Pattern info has to do with that and it seems the 10 encoders of the A4 otherwise the AR could have the exact graphic layout like the Digitone.

It’s something minor on things that I look at. Always dealing with compromises :wink:

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Wicked update! Thanks Elektron! :slight_smile:
Trying to seq. my Novation Peak with the A4 …i can get it to play notes with the A4’s keyboard, but when I try to input notes on the sequencer (say on the FX or CV track) it will not send to the Peak. The midi channels are set correctly… is there something else i need to turn on?

Guys! It just hit me! Do you know what this means?!

Midi loop back means you can have a variety of up to three different different musical patterns for a single track without sacrificing voices. Or! If you’re using all four voices at once- you have have 5/6 different chord sequences FOR A SINGLE PATTERN!

It gives you the ability to sorta switch “clips” per pattern.

If you want to audio loop back on the chord thing, you can still p-lock the filters/LFOs and the FX sends

And that’s just concerning the the mk1

5 Likes

That’s rad

Figured it out! I didn’t have “FX send midi” set to on in the notes menu ! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

ha! more hands required.

Can you explain the process please ? :smirk:

An obvious one : Play Multi Map with FX and / or CV tracks. :thup:

Probabilistic drums, sounds, transpose, direct pattern jumps… with TRC. :loopy:
@unifono :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Audio loop back I didn’t think all the way through- my mad scientist out ran my practicality. I can’t think of a way to audio loop back without doubling occurring.

Mk2 you could totally do, but mk1- that’s a different story.

Perhaps if you don’t mind losing the stereo fx it could be done

Pan your voice to the right, input the right of the stereo output to the right of the stereo input- center the pan. Don’t turn the ext in on.

Go to a different voice, change the wave form to right in and then can sequence the different track while p-locking the filter.

I’m sure on the FX track- if your designated voice has max sends you can imitate a filter and other fine tuning elements as well as using the trippy fx.

But I’m just back peddling with this, because I want to try and make this new trick as weird as possible

3 Likes

Another thing you can do with midi loop back is layer conditions. And that could be cool. Also, automatic choking between two tracks routed to the same voice

Edit: you can also sequence multi-map on the device

Edit edit: that last one, sezare already beat me to

4 Likes