Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

mmm, does this mean that “song mode” will work with midi sequences too? Even if i have to use a track channel - still magic.

This is so cool!

1 Like

Yeah, song mode should work the same as before I would assume

2 Likes

Unexpected ! And unexpected is always nice ! Great news !

2 Likes

Does it also mean I can change Octatrack patterns using A4, in Direct Jump mode? Or just standard step mode?

I mean sequencing OT samples with A4 and changing patterns with Direct Jump would be awesome

2 Likes

This is H U G E. The best feature. I’ve wanted this for years!

9 Likes

I am thinking integra v-drums

1 Like

It does work with CV out, however :wink:

3 Likes

No, it’s H U G E
:wink:

total game changer - I could not get beyond it the way it was before
it’s the same with changing the order of Function and Track from the Mk1, the muscle memory was too strong - now I don’t need to use the track buttons so much, but the function button will forever be in the wrong place

2 Likes

Unexpected ! this is great really :slight_smile:
I’m really happy about different scale and tempo per track.
The midi out is also nice for layering stuff or i will probably use the midi out from the CV track on the A4 to control my Boomstar 4075 !

1 Like

The other day I was talking to my musical partner that it would be so nice to have the A4 as a center piece for our live set-up. If only it could sequence midi… and now it does. So many possibilities now. I can’t believe it! :smiley:

5 Likes

Awesome news! THX!!!

Not listed in the release notes, but pressing [PARAMETER] + [NO] reverts random madness to the default state of the page

14 Likes

So thats great! Minus is no cc midi lock…

2 Likes

It reverts to the last saved state of the kit. To quick save kit, press and hold YES and then press PLAY (KIT)

7 Likes

Really HUGE update
but second LFO on RYTM?

7 Likes

That would be mundo tasty

This might have just saved my A4 Mk1 from the “to sell” pile. I’ve kinda moved on from the need for MIDI out but scale per track is such an essential part of the way I work with the DN. I really wasn’t expecting this update at all, but delighted to see even the older black boxes getting some belated love.

5 Likes

Randomization on A4 is a killer feature with also new graphics
Comparing with digitone it’s more unpredictable.
It opens immediately a lot of sounds that difficult to tweak by hands. I has jammed with it about 2 hours and created a few insane sounds and patterns, also love randomized LFO destination on FX.
On digitone this feature is more robust and probability of finding unusual sound is much lower.

1 Like

Nice work, Elektron! Super excited for this!

I’m assuming the MKI rytm freezes are addressed as well despite it only listing the MKII in that regard.

1 Like

I’m hoping that gets fixed soon. I have an A4mkI and Catalina OS. I thought it would be a while before I felt the need to update. :slightly_frowning_face: