Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

Elektron wins! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

You could try any 64bit capable route to send MIDI data - I believe somebody was running Sysex Librarian on Catalina - if you had Max, you could maybe use that, or any DAW which will send the SysEx data unchanged

7 Likes

If you trigger OT tracks with A4 midi notes, yes, it is possible. Pattern change behaviour is theoretically the same as before.

so I stopped working early today, and just played with my a4-mk2 ar-mk2
I hear sounds I never heard before. Randomizer is so nice.
also fantastic graphics, makes the machines more friendly
so happy with this!

7 Likes

Updates time! :content:

16 Likes

Next Octatrack P L E A S E !!!

(maybe the lack of CPU cycles is not that important, seeing this were never coming…)

4 Likes

External Nord Drum 3p for the AR are going to be best friends here, even that I used the Digitone MIDI tracks already for the ND3p :smiley:

4 Likes

on my A4mk2, ‘SND button’ is turned blue :confused:

HURRY UP !!! :partying_face:

sysex

2 Likes

Logically the ability to send midi notes (and CCs for plocks) with audio tracks sequencer would be a good start !

2 Likes

AR MkI (v1.50) - MIDI Out Results

#SOLVED: Sequencer outputs all drumpsds to C3 by default. To break sequencer driven drums out properly, on Trig page transpose the ‘Not’ parameter on each drum pad accordingly.

-Pads output MIDI to individual notes (as expected— useful for finger drumming MPC workflow)

-Chromatic Mode outputs to a user configurable range of MIDI notes (depending on where you have set Chromatic + Retrig+/Retrig- to)
-Useful for MPC style workflows using Ableton Live drum kits
-If you set Chromatic to the Light Blue range on the pads you will be able to fire notes directly to the default Live drumkits without needing to transpose your hits to different pads in Live

2 Likes

Not true - it can output 49 notes

3 Likes

There don’t seem to be m(any) updates to the A4 Mk1 graphics, so this seems unlikely.

2 Likes

yup Octatrack next please ^^

2 Likes

#SOLVED: Sequencer Issue corrected using Trig parameter ‘Not’ on the trig page and then transposing each drum pad accordingly

———

Using the sequencer with all 12 pads outputting MIDI on separate channels I am seeing overlapping MIDI notes being recorded to C3.

Sequencer driven midi is not being pushed to individual midi notes.

Finger drumming and chromatic playing outputs properly on all 12 drum pads— using the sequencer I am unable to get notes sequencing to individual notes.

How are you configured?

Updated UI and pattern Direct Jump if possible :stuck_out_tongue: (OT MK2)

Oh and the Overbridge haha

Unexpected, but wholly appreciated! Bravo, Elektron, seriously. Sequencer MIDI out? Yes please - that makes these powerful instruments even more powerful. Can class-compliant audio over USB be far behind?

+1 Elektron Wins! And thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you! Superb!

parameter lock it on Trig Page

also - be sure to look at the differences Midi Config / Port Config / Output CH makes - set this to Track Channel and then the individual Trig NOTe Values set on the sequencer Trig page will be output - if it’s left at Auto Channel then the AR automatically uses the first 12 midi notes and ignores that NOTe offset

Either way, you have monophonic midi over 49notes C1>C5, no retriggering - you can definitely sequence either by locking manually or using chromatic mode

4 Likes

The FAQ needs updating now :wink:

6 Likes