Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

Is it still C6 SysEx Manager for an Analog Four MKI update? I read somewhere that it’s being removed and Transfer is for all devices now, but on the webpage, it does say that C6 SysEx is the way to go. So I’m confused. Potentially because I’m imagining this. Still, the confusion is real for me :slight_smile:

C6 will continue to work as long as it runs on your computer (don’t update a Mac to Catalina!).

6 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Thanks, Peter :slight_smile:

It will come, but timing isn’t clear - possibly getting Catalina issues out of the way for OB/Transfer

1 Like

i dont have a rytm or A4 but im still enjoying this thread :slight_smile:

As it happens i let my a4 mk1 go a few years ago due to the lack of scale per track. Quality update.

3 Likes

you need to enable Midi out per track - Fn+Note (scroll down) - the A4 mini-keys always sent Midi out (if allowed to)

3 Likes

Ah, thank you so much.

Classic case of rtfm for me there. Got too excited and dived straight in!

:grinning:

2 Likes

This is one of the first things I thought of. No more CV for my Minitaur. Also, being able to send midi note info to my Meris Hedra pedal is now possible. I was considering selling the Hedra. Not anymore.

1 Like

MK1 machines don’t seem to get the UI improvements…?

1 Like

smaller screen res, no room for the graphics

5 Likes

I haven’t tried the upgrade yet, but for me the most quietly impressive thing about it is that the above features have been added without breaking compatibility with previously-created patterns and projects. Assuming that’s actually the situation …

5 Likes

And of course the completely unnecessary and lame timeout for pattern mode is still there…

What is the point of having the 16 step buttons trigger the sounds on the Rytm when the Rytm has pads for triggering the sounds ?!?!?

Why does pattern select time out?

3 Likes

i would imagine it was the tone rather than the content.

3 Likes

Nothing to worry about, everything to benefit from it - Scale per Track is wonderful on A4 - lots of smaller touches not listed above

Maybe I wouldn’t have a frustrated tone if I wasn’t about to sell the machine because of the continued lack of a fix for the pattern control issues.

Don’t really understand what the issue is from your description.

2 Likes

Impressive update.

Midi seq: Lots of layering opportunities now for the A4 with other synths. Seeing great potential with its Swiss uncle, the nord lead rack, and being able to layer rytm analog+Internal sample+external drum module is going to add boom, slap and hiss.

The rest is also quality icing.

:pray:

4 Likes

Wowzers how awesome, thanks!!

First friend for my AR will be SP303

1 Like