Analog FOUR filter freq values for deep bass

I tried to enhance my bass sounds by peak filter, but values don’t convey frequencies.
So i had made a research, using peak on highest resonance with noise generator, and noise from Analog RYTM with Fabfilter pro-2 and Ableton tuner. I’m Using A4 MK1.
This values representing freq peaks, which were indicated by spectrum analyser of Fabfilter pro-2
С 29
С# 30
D 31
D# 32
E 33
F 34
F# 35
G 36
G# 37
A 38
A# 39
B 40
(Lower octave)
G 24
G# 25
A 26
A# 27
B 28

This values representing freq peaks, which were indicated by Ableton Tuner (+1 to Fabfilter values)
С 30
С# 31
D 32
D# 33
E 34
F 35
F# 36
G 37
G# 38
A 39
A# 40
B 41
(Lower octave)
G 25
G# 26
A 27
A# 28
B 29

I trust more to Fabfilter, maybe somebody can disagree with me. For me useful tip was assign freq to +0.5 (for C note - 39.5 and so on), because i increased oscillator bend depth.
I also didn’t continued checking the freqs because on that values the bass is most powerful, for me.

2 Likes

Howdy

A couple of points come to mind, whilst i am not sure what your end usage case will be in practice, i wonder if you realise a few things that may help

Firstly, the filter frequency is 14bit resolution, so for every ‘step’ you have noted above there is an extra resolution of 127 steps - so quoting ‘rounded’ freq values is not allowing much precision

Secondly, the filters can be KeyTracked so setting one value will mean teh filter freq follows (not so great on the ladder, but if used it could be serviceable for your needs over a short range) and for the peak (filter 2) the tracking is decent- set Tracking to 100% i.e. 32

Then tune the filter freq against the osc pitch however you like and keep in mind that (assiming iirc you have NRPN enabled) the resolution will be there between integer steps - the HighPass is useful in this role too

1 Like