Analog Four Editors

Just uploaded to the files section the single voice editor/librarian & randomiser

and the multi voice editor/librarian/sequencer & randomiser

I only have the full version of Reaktor, but these might work in the free version if you have it. http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths-samplers/reaktor-5-player/free-download/

Is communication with this editor only from Reaktor to the A4, or are changes made on the A4 reflected in the editor?

I haven’t done the A4 -> Reaktor part … could try it if it was of use to people.

I don’t even have an A4…yet, but I have to say on behalf of those that do and also own reaktor, thank you for the work you’ve put in there. it looks great dude…

That looks great @mokomo !!

I hope i’ll have some time to try it out ssssoooonnn!

One Q:

have you had singular issues so far?

Huge thanks for your effort!

thanks
not sure what you mean by ‘singular issues’?
I expect there might be some bugs, and there are a few more things I want to add.

Thanks!

I haven’t done the A4 -> Reaktor part … could try it if it was of use to people. [/quote]
OK. Software editors that update in real time from the hardware are very important to my workflow. I don’t want to be using the mouse for anything I can do with the hardware, so with no way of syncing hardware parameters changes to the software editor I wouldn’t personally find much practical use for it.
Looks great so far though, and I really hope you implement A4-> Reaktor. Good work. :slight_smile:

sorry…my English…i mean peculiar/particular.
A guy using a Max/Msp editor got the A4 totally un-calibrated due to some strange CC (or else?) so he had to perform the Calibration routine. And this scares me a bit…

Looks great! Will check it out.

Thanks

[quote="“sicijk”"]

sorry…my English…i mean peculiar/particular.
A guy using a Max/Msp editor got the A4 totally un-calibrated due to some strange CC (or else?) so he had to perform the Calibration routine. And this scares me a bit…[/quote]
I was using hyakken’s Max based editor at the time the A4 lost it’s calibration… that doesn’t mean it was the cause. However, void managed to kill his CV by sending a random Sysex to the A4 as well, so it seems there are some mystery debug commands we need to watch out for. That or it is a bug.

I’m only sending NPRN & CC to the A4 as listed in the manual.

That said I can’t guarantee Reaktor won’t send something in error, but it seems unlikely.

I wasn’t suggesting that editors are breaking A4s :slight_smile:

The Max editor is only sending CC/NRPN also, not sure what void was doing though. I thought it was worth noting is all.

I was spamming the A4 with sysex which was targeted to it… so what happened here was not a bug, but an accidental triggering of a certain debugging command…

I did see some odd behaviour with the machine though when sending waaaaay too much CC messages at once to it…
lagging UI / weird blinking lights… so yeah imo what can happen is some sort of race-condition / overflow when too much/too fast MIDI is sent, which may make the OS barf, and in your case it somehow messed with the voice calibration…

conclusion:

• do not send waaaaay too much CC messages to the A4 at once.
  • do not send sysex commands to the A4 unless you know what you’re doing.

that said, the A4 MIDI is usually rock solid.

Upgraded the previous editor to address all 4 voices and added sequencers for notes/vel/any modulators you want to sequence.

where would i find this?

https://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=13688

Reaktor 5.9 needed ?

yes

would this allow me to order/organize patches and patterns better? would LOVE to do this outside of the a4.

can i import midi patterns as well?