Analog Four Editors

Yes, you just have to first sync each A4 track’s sound parameters with the Reaktor Editor by hitting ‘To A4’ button in the CONTROL part of the Editor for each A4SynthTrack. This sends the current Reaktor parameter settings for that A4SynthTrack to the A4.
(So it is best to set up a simple snapshot in Reaktor for each A4SynthTrack first that is your ‘blank’ clear slate starting point).

Thereafter if you tweak or randomize that A4SynthTrack starting point in Reaktor, once you hear something you like coming out of the A4, you can then save those settings in that Reaktor A4SynthTrack as a new named snapshot.
That snapshot can be recalled at any time, and then you just hit ‘To A4’ to send the sound settings to the A4 and you should hear your sound again.

You can always then also save the sound on the A4 natively as well.

The main rule is to only adjust the sound settings IN REAKTOR when you are tweaking - I haven’t hooked up the A4-> Reaktor incoming midi/NPRN stuff yet, so the Reaktor Editor won’t recognise if you make changes directly on the A4. This feature may be worth adding if you want to tweak an A4-sync’d Reaktor Blank snapshot using the A4’s knobs instead of your mouse and desktop screen.

You can use the randomize function in the Reaktor snapshot manager to find sounds by jumbling up all the parameters in the Editor that are enabled for randomisation.
You can also morph between snapshots which can find interesting intermediate sounds.

AFAIK Reaktor doesn’t do midi import, but you can save your snaps in the A4 sequencers aswell.

You can also record midi into the A4sequencers in the Editor by playing in a keyboard or midi file player and recording it.

The A4 sequencers can be removed from the Reaktor ensemble and any other sequencer from the Reaktor library could be hooked up instead. Or you could take midi in to Reaktor from some other source/daw/controller.

How do I set this up?

I don’t see where I set Reaktor to route MIDI to the A4.

Is there an a software editor that can be used to organize songs, projects, patterns etc on the A4?

2 Likes

Bump - interested in this, too.

Me too interested!

hi is there still a way to get this analog four editor for reaktor? its just what im looking for