Analog Four 1.50 & Analog Rytm 1.60

It’s explained very well in the manual for each machine that has the feature.

2 Likes

You are thinking of GRID RECORDING. STEP RECORDING is a different feature.

4 Likes

So no need for a Factory Reset, it’s already contained in the new OS?

Any chance I can get you to add a CC value for the trig probability knob? :wink:

7 Likes

Thanks. I’ll have a look at those manuals later to wrap my head around. An OS update is always welcome news though.

1 Like

Im not completely sure, I think transfer still can not be used to backup and restore projects from a4. Strangebut no big deal for most, I also have a hp laptop apart from my macbook.

Also its a nice opportunity for mac catalina users to meet the pretty neighbour with a windows laptop. ( „could i please quickly use your computer to backup my a4 project and +drive bank(!) on a usb stick? Thanks a lot, I invite you for dinner in exchange“)
( ok maybe also sysex liberarian works, also not sure)

Wow, @Elektron just keep on delivering the goods. The machines are getting better and better. Super job by all of the team! :sweden:

8 Likes

Thanksssss Elektron!!

Shame about my MKI and Class Compliance. Figured it was coming but not for MKIs. Ah well.

2 Likes

Rejoice! Way to set a model for other companies. Cough cough Roland cough.

1 Like

For the OS update you dont have to do any factory update. The factory update is only needed if you want to get the new patterns and kits.

5 Likes

@Dapifer Step-recording is where notes are recorded each time you press a key, and the sequencer increments to the next step with each key-press. You can add rests and skip steps too (use length to change the distance between steps).

Some people call it ‘SH-101 sequencing’. Good for making ‘impossible to play’ melodies/arps.

Videos that show the new step-recording functionality in the Digis:

https://youtu.be/uEw5zP4DQ-M

https://youtu.be/bEMsSvZyt7M?t=52

https://youtu.be/4GqKDPGayjc

8 Likes

Does a Factory Reset erase all your Projects?

Trig YESSS!!!

Yea literally just watching the Digi vid as I read this, I get it now, same way steps would be entered on my Sub 37.

I would not be doing my job if i didnt tell you to check the manual for that info :smiley:

20 Likes

Yeah that third video helped.

Pretty sick.

So where’s a good “Euclidean calculator” web resource I could use?

1 Like

It’s probably not often enough said, but hats off to the anonymous and not-so-anonymous Elektron folks that worked hard during a difficult time to deliver this update.

15 Likes

My A4 freezes most of the times at start after the update. Was never an issue before. Right now it does not seem to start at all anymore.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Power the unit off and let it rest for twenty seconds up to a minute, then attempt to power on again. Let me know if that helps.

5 Likes

I think what’s @eangman is trying to restate a few times is that its not new sóunds you get after factory reset, only new kits. When I read “new Kits” I also immediately hoped for new sounds (as part of the new Kits). But I think it’s just about the standard factory startup project, to get acquainted with the machine. And obviously this factory startup project has Kits (as every projects does). So no new sounds, and not really anything to consider factory resets for.

Correct?

Very happy with multiple other improvements! Thanks a lot @Elektron

1 Like