AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

also this hasn’t been fixed yet with 1.60, it would be great to see it in the next upgrade!

Isn’t that how the base-width-filter usually works, you can change width or base seperately with the encoders?

1 Like

It’s the other way around. LPF stays the same when adjusting HPF, while adjusting LPF does change the HPF. Either way, you want each one to be completely independent, right?

oh yeah but I meant that by keeping the F encoder pressed down (LPF in the AR case) and turning the E encoder (HPF) will increase/decrease the bandwidth instead of shifting it

1 Like

I’m sure is the other way round? :thinking: but yeah, as an extra option just when pressing the width/LPF

1 Like

It’d be super slick to be able to set trig probability as a destination for external modulation, imho. (For all boxes, etc)

1 Like

Thank you Elektron for the excellent update :pray: - Still I feel something is missing:
Control All for shared parameters like the new Trig Probability and for instance the filter etc. would be very very useful for performing and exploring.

3 Likes

so happy this came to the AR.

Octatrack next, please? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The one last feature I want to see the most.

I’d love it if we could have a snare machine similar to the SD HARD machine, but with a fixed fifth or parameterized detune on a second oscillator, like the 909 snare. As is, if I want to do something like this I either have to use a fixed 909 snare sample, which isn’t as fun, or some other unsatisfactory workaround which doesn’t come as close. The BD HARD machine is killer, though.

1 Like

I would love it to have CV outs and control for modular stuff. That would open up a ton of options for me.

One of the machines is meant for trig outs (can’t remember which one) so if you have a mkii you can dedicate some tracks to sequencing your modular. No cv though

1 Like

As @MichaalHell points out, the Impulse machine gives you 8 impulse signals. You would need to determine whether the signal level is strong enough to trigger any particular piece of modular gear. You could also use a suitable sample.

Both AR MkI and AR MkII can do this when using the appropriate cables.

what is the impulse machine?

It’s a machine that generates an impulsive signal.

I can’t really do more than point you to pages 92-93 of the very latest Elektron manual for the AR MkII, and encourage you to search the forum for more discussion:
https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=impulse%20machine%20%23elektron-gear%3Aanalog-rytm

3 Likes

ah thanks sorry I am dense as I neither have a Rytm or used one before.

1 Like

The ability to sequence scene changes would be a great addition. I don’t see that this is possible right now without some weird MIDI translation workarounds. I had someone swear up and down that this was possible, but when they went and actually looked, it wasn’t. But maybe we both missed something?

It seems like beyond the live performance aspect of scenes, it would be nice to be able to have pre-arranged scene changes.

Scenes are just sets of plocks, you could just copy your pattern to a new slot and set it up there.

I get it that its not the same but I have taken to doing sequenced transitions vs trying to do it with scenes, less stressful in terms of having to be a button pressing ninja.

1 Like

Thank you for this. You’re right about how the same thing can be accomplished in another way, but this just seems like a logical extension of scenes.

Yeah I agree, you can set mutes in song mode, would be cool if there were an option for scenes there too.

4 Likes