Analog Drive

Wrong thread dude :wink:

ha, Yeah, kind of thinking out loud because I didn’t know what to make of this initially. Suddenly realized how truly different the two units are. I kinda wish the AH was this color though.

4 Likes

If only this was stereo I could master with it… (Joe king)

Wonder if there planning on different fx pedals too then… I guess the distortion was first as it’s already on the table elsewhere.

Simple and effective business moves, no doubt will help elektron become a bigger (better??) brand.

:slight_smile: Yeah nice to see something different looking from Elektron. Hard not to compare with AH but you’re right, both seem aimed at different jobs. All good, not too much overlap etc to feel like it’s cynical function crippling or bad deal on either units prices.

1 Like

Man. That is a good looking unit. Though no filter, envelope, lfo, or overbridge. So, the half price makes sense. I think this is brilliant. They’ve been very efficient in how they come up with products. A4/Ak and then use the same tech for the AR.

I think it’s brilliant. And it looks SO GOOD!

5 Likes

With this traction, probably last week.

2 Likes

This would also be good for plugging in the voyager on a smooth bass preset and letting it get crazy. Would also be nice if you output drum breaks from the emax II or eps sampler into this box. Big ups to Elektron for always innovating.

2 Likes

yeah the TB thing will be a turn off

UNLESS

it has a buffer that does pleasant stuff to the signal when bypassed.

but yeah, there are already a bazillion great drive pedals out there.

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s next for Elektron?

Waiting for Elektron’s elektrik guitar

1 Like

I’d be all over a guitar with a p-lockable fretboard, myself.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s next for Elektron?

wonder would it work well on roland tb 03 or avalon bassline?

1 Like

Don’t see why not? No different from other distortions really, just more of em in one box…

Plenty of expensive boutique pedals that are around $150 for one analog distortion sound. To be seen (or heard rather) whether or not the sounds that come out of this pedal are guitar-friendly but I’d consider buying it.

Haven’t been following mono guitar drive pedals in over 20 years but I could imagine there are a million alternatives to this in the wild?
The Heat being stereo with a few bells and whistles is at least rather unique.
Hopefully this thing has a place out there? Rock on I guess

I wondered if they might offer something like this: a simplified version of the Heat in a pedal form. I might bite. The world needs more original distortion circuits for guitar. We don’t need any more clones or variations of big muffs, fuzz faces and the like.

According to the specs it has a high impedance guitar input only. No switch for line level unfortunately. Every guitar overdrive/distortion pedal that I ever tried was completely worthless on synths. I wish this one would cover both territories but I doubt it.

Why they didn’t call it the “Little Heat” is beyond me.