Analog Drive

I don’t know how I feel about this.

I feel like we’ve been trolled by Elektron… weird feeling indeed!

6 Likes

That’s about what Eventide suggests for their big pedals aswell.

Lot’s of pedal power boxes have a couple of 400 mA outputs.

We’re not the target, obviously.
Trying to enlarge :3lektron: fanbase…

4 Likes

Analog muffler. Distort the sound your car makes. For the car enthusiast market.

4 Likes

It is 8 overdrive pedal circuits in one pedal … that might get the musicians who play frets rather than trigs excited

Very cool. I love the cream retro look of this thing. Awesome design work!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Quite frankly, I think my mockup before the heat was released looks nicer …

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/14374220_1679306605720440_4680521540884758528_n.jpg

13 Likes

Its not black :aw:

4 Likes

Wouldn’t call it expensive? Atm the only analog distortion/fuzz on my main pedal board are Hotcake and Fat Fuzz Factory. That’s nearly £300 for only 2 distortion types. Granted they’re both pretty flexible/can do bunch of different sounds etc. But if the Elektron pedal has 8 decent quality distortions on it and each has multiple sweet spots etc then it’s a bargain. Plus it has presets, an eq and midi…

Interested to read some reviews and also hear from Elektron if/how these distortions differ from the AH. Obvs would be a plus if this thing sounds good with synths etc too… Don’t see why it wouldn’t tho?

Looks also that the analog character circuits of the Heat & Drive are fixed instead like the Rytm’s analog circuits that are for different configurations of machines.

Nah man, I’m so glad to not see traditional elektron knobs on the legit one. Worst thing about my Analog Keys! The multi-fx on yours would have been nice tho :wink:

2 Likes

oh shit, i was right?

so it does happen every once and a while!

11 Likes

You get a free one for guessing correctly. Pick a colour. :wink:

2 Likes

do not tease me in this way :confounded:

1 Like

Bro you gotta catch them all.

With a good Fuzz pedal, built right with selected components you could achieve all those sounds printed on the front of that box just by setting the knobs on the box and using the volume knob on yr guitar…

And it wouldn’t cost much either.

You have ‘presets’ in your picking hand.

Could be, but don’t knock mono effects: the day I stopped using stereo effects was the day my mixes stopped sounding like mud.

5 Likes

The stereo, modulation, and dry/wet mix capabilities are the main appeal of the AH for me. The ability to create/customize all types of dynamic processing presets that you can conveniently recall; where you can do things like have the envelope modulate the gain/dist amount while modulating the filter, etc. is what ultimately makes me want the AH.

1 Like