Analog Drive Price Drop

haha yeah they got two spare ADs somebody over here mentioned they are in stock, next day 100 cancellations :fire:

I don’t know the reason for selling them so cheap, but apart from getting rid of the stock they (maybe together with Elektron) must have ruined the sales of the Analog Drive in other shops. I was seriously looking for one and missed them for the second time at this price.
Not a single hair on my head, I have a lot, would ever consider paying more then €90,00 from now on. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mine too lol oh well couldn’t really afford it but…

everytime i use it iam glad I grabbed it!

btw people talking about Elektron and the Heat and AD which should drive sales.

at least they‘re like 129 on eBay which also fair

i’m waiting for AH to drop to 89 euros! :tongue:

2 Likes

I will wait for analog heat price drop :wink:

Just buy Heat second hand. People are letting them go for bargain prices. Also, I would be willing to bet most of them are in really good condition, since it’s not really a box that requires constant fiddling and knob-tweaking (though sweeping that filter can be fun). I got mine new last year with a bonus from work and paid full price… a month before the mkII came out. :sob::sob: Basically, it went down in perceived value by 20% the second it arrived on my doorstep. Good thing I love it and probably won’t ever part with it.

1 Like

the drive has arrived.

I was prepared for it to be gigantic.

it didn’t disappoint.

14 Likes

99usd at jrrshop

https://www.jrrshop.com/elektron-analog-drive

1 Like

Damnit. I did it. $99 at Sweetwater was too low to pass up. I wish every pedal had midi features.

6 Likes

I was in a meeting yesterday morning, it was boring, I was browsing… It popped back up on Thomann for 88 and I bought it right away, no hesitation. Colleagues probably thought I was dealing with some kind of emergency due to the ferocious clicking and typing, but hey, I kinda was! :roll_eyes:
It’s already been send out, will probably get it next week.

5 Likes

So the AD is quite crunchy when applied to a Monotribe drumbeat, and fattens up some DX7 bell sounds interestingly, and makes the organ setting even more Stereolab- and Suicide-like. Harmonic Fuzz seems to be the one to use for now, before investigating the subtleties available (and even trying it out on bass guitar one day too)…

5 Likes

I still dream about cutting off the bottom of my Analog Drive, the footswitch section doesn’t have a board under it and the actual pedal could be 2/3rds the size. At $99 I’m more tempted to take the plunge :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Mine arrived yesterday. I, too, was not disappointed by it’s considerable girth. I will say, though, that the aluminum enclosure is really nice. The rubber pad on the bottom is also a nice touch. I’m looking forward to testing it out. My first test might be on FX loop out with Octatrack.

5 Likes

agreed. it’s probably the sturdiest thing Elektron’s built. I mean, all their stuff is solid but this is next level. you have to build pedals very solidly though; they get stepped on!

the rubber pad is great for me as I have mine (currently) resting, tilted against something. so it’s perfect.

2 Likes

I can’t believe how physically massive this thing is! I’m thankful I did not plan to put it on my pedalboard. Not a complaint, at all. $100 can’t be beat for the options, midi integration, etc… we’ll see how long I can resist keeping it off the board and on the desk.

5 Likes

Just ordered one. Can’t believe the price dropped that much! Going to use it on a send channel on the OT.

1 Like

Can any one do a test for me?
I’m wondering if routing the left or right output of the DT into the AD and then back into the DT would pass the distorted sound through without resonating into oblivion.
Anybody game to give it a try?
$99 is reaaaal hard to pass up

I’ve done similar tricks with the Octatrack and A4, as long as you pan everything it should be ok. In the past I’ve run into issues where FX can’t be panned.

Possible with OT.
With DT, I don’t think so.